We’re in the process of putting together a killer cordless drill comparison for release a few months down the road, and we’re looking for some reader input. Specifically: What’s your favorite inexpensive cordless drill? And why?

We ask because we feel like we’ve seen some significant changes in technology and application in the cordless drill market over the last five years, and we’d like to know how many of those changes have reached you in particular. And let’s clear up some possible follow-up questions while we’re at it. If you already, say, have a kick-ass pro-line drill, we’d still like to know what you’d buy if you had less than $200 to spend. We’re also interested in the details of why you’d choose what you choose. Are you more interested in build quality or features? Do you feel any specific brand loyalty, or do you just buy based on spec?

We’ll keep an eye on comments here and we’ll definitely take what we see into account as we schedule in drills for the test. Sure, we may decide to include some you don’t mention, but we’ll definitely make a serious effort to include anything readers feel strongly about.

55 Responses to Reader Question: What’s Your Favorite Inexpensive Cordless Drill?

1. Matt says:

I’ll take the 10.8V Bosch Litheon stuff all day. Sure, it won’t drill holes in concrete, drive a 1″ spade bit or drill thru anything much more substantial than sheet metal, but if you’re doing that stuff on a regular basis, you need a dedicated tool. The Bosch Litheon stuff will do 90% of the jobs you throw at it and is comfortable and light enough to use all day.

• Jeremy says:

I haven’t used the 10.8v Bosch but I have the 12v litheon driver and impactor and the driver has not met it’s match yet. 3/4″ auger bit thru studs for running some electrical? I got 20 of them on one battery that was half dead! Similar results with a 7/8″ spade.

2. Jacob says:

I bought the Porter Cable 18v cordless drill and circular saw combo for $89 at Lowes. It was inexpensive and a brand I trust. Haven’t used the saw but I’ve used the crap out of my drill. Only thing I may regret is the plastic chuck vs a metal one. Other than that it’s been going strong for a year and I love the portability and not having to drag cords around all over.

3. Patrik says:

Count me as a fan of the Ryobi One+ system. Hae an autoshift drill which has served me very well. I’d consider myelf an above average home owner, not a pro by any means, but have tackeled more home projects than anyone else I know while buying the tools for the job along the way, with all power tool purchases based on the One+ system. In addition to the drill, painted exterior of house using cordless paint gun (bad reviews on most sites, but does the job if you realize its limitations); have cut off bolts, evened up pipe cuts, sharpened lawnmower blades, and cut Rubbermaid FastTrack to fit with the cordless grinder, use cordless trimmer and blower for lawn care, used oscillating hand sander for drywall work, furniture refinishing; circ,jig, and recip saws for all sawing needs, mini shop vac and dustbuster for smaller cleanup; and hand planer for cutting hinge recesses into door frames. All probably for less cost than a Dewalt or other brand 3 or 4 piece cordless kit +anohter tool or two.

4. sean says:

I have been a fan of the 12v Milwaukee series for a couple of years now.It tackles 80% of my work.Just so my 18v DeWalt(lithium) doesn’t get jealous,I bring that out on heavier work.

5. Steven Bone says:

I have always enjoyed the Hitachi cordless drills. I started with a 14 volt NiCad and have since moved up to the 18v LiOn series. The model is DS18DSAL with a 1/2-Inch chuck. As with most drills in your price range, the keyless chuck requires some manual torque to prevent slipage (the hammer drill version has a MUCH better chuck). Other than that complaint, the build quality is great (lifetime warranty on the tool) and the battery run time (and charged shelf life) is excellent.

Loyalty is something that goes two ways. I am happy with the performance of my old Hitachi drill and battery system which after 4-5 years still performs almost like new. But Hitachi designed the new system so I can use the new LiOn charger to charge my old NiCad batteries, and can even use the old NiCad batteries in the drill (not sure you would want to) and flashlight (great use for them).

Specs are important, too. Some of the must-haves of the current generation of drills for the weekend warrior or occasional user:
    – LiOn for that long-lasting charge while sitting on the shelf. Nothing worse than a dead battery because you haven’t use the drill in a few months.
    – 1/2″ chuck. Just about every drill set has 1/2″ bits – 3/8″ chuck drills should go the way of dinosaurs.
    – Variable clutch settings, which are about standard these days.
    – High torque vs. High Speed selectable gearing.

Less important features:
    – LED ‘work area’ lighting. Every drill I tried to use with a light was pretty horrible, and may even encourage folks to try to use a drill in poorly lit areas – a big safety no-no. The Hitachi has one of these.
    – Level bubbles for horizontal and vertical uses. This is one feature I really like for folks that have parallax issues and can’t determine if they are drilling level easily. This is the only thing I really wish the Hitachi had.

Warranty support is something else that is important, but difficult to rate or enumerate. Most reviews of warranty support are negative for all brands, so I find it hard to compare based on this factor. If you can simply walk into a big box retailer and exchange a broken one for a new one, that is worth some serious consideration points.

6. Tom says:

I am a fan of the Milwaukee 12v too. For $200 you could get a driver plus a second tool. I recommend them (or another 12v lineup) to anyone looking for a drill. Most people rarely need more, and if you do need more you probably have something else already. The Ryobi One line is a nice start if you are looking for something more powerful.

I rarely pull out my old 18v Ridgid drill anymore.

7. Jim Nutt says:

Just because I’m cheap (and curious), you should throw some Harbor Freight tools into the comparison. Who knows, we may all be surprised..

• Miss Francine says:

Yo Jim I wouldn’t buy hf power tools without the extended warranty. I bought a lith ion drill from them and the thing died four months later. They only have a 90 day reg warranty

8. BigEdJr says:

I got the Makita 10.8v combo kit (drill and impact driver) a couple of years ago and love it. I also bought a keyless metal chuck that drops into the 1/4″ hex chuck, so I can use all sorts of bits.

9. Jerry says:

I am with Jim Nutt on this. Toss a couple of those HF beasts in there just for fun. We all already know that HF will have a bit more weight, louder motors and pretty likely some real cheesy parts. Not sure about their batteries though.
    I have a corded recip that I got from HF about 8 or 10 years ago and it still works great. Once I got an 18V DeWalt a couple years back, the old HF sits in a cabinet most of the time.

10. Patrick says:

I had a Ryobi gree 18v set, but the batteries drove me crazy (especially the LiIons). I am still using Milwaukee M12 and like it, but I just picked up a Bosch 12v driver and impact and like those better than their Milwaukee counterparts. Also picked up a DeWalt 18v hammer drill, and the chuck promptly got stuck in the open position, so that’s going back.

11. Chuck says:

Seriously – my ancient Ryobi 18v drill. I bought a new Li battery for it, and the thing is still going.

12. jeff_williams says:

I go with reconditioned pro tools (usually Dewalt 18v). About half price as brand new but with new batteries. My best score was a recon DW impact for $116 + shipping. Now that I have a number of compatible batteries I buy bare tools. Also a good way to get pro tools at a non-pro price.

13. Kevin says:

I mostly use my m12 and bosch 12volt stuff, but still use my Ryobi one tools quite often, love the trim saw, flashlight, and my old 3 speed hammerdrill.

The current Ryobi drill on the market these days the p850 is a decent all around drill, I often use it in tandem with my 10 year old p200 that is still limping along, for pilot holes and fastening.

14. PutnamEco says:

Durability is my number one concern. $200 bucks will go a long way on the used tool market, you should be able to pick up a decent tool from any of the major manufacturers for less than this budget from Craigslist or your local pawnshops. Number 2 concern would be trying to buy a tool that is not made in China.

I see a surprising amount of the Ryobis on job sites, I would guess that is what I would have to aim for if I was forced to buy something new for that budget. I very seldom use my compact Bosch set. A right angle drill or impact driver makes more sense for me.

If I was really watching my pennies I would be investing in a good corded drill.

On further browsing/window shopping, I see most of the major players have compact offerings in the Under $200 category. I would have to get the Makita LXFD01CW since I’m already invested in their LXT series,if I was starting from scratch I might be more tempted to try the Bosch DDS180-02.

15. Angelbane says:

I really like my Ryobi Li-ON set, the batteries last a good amount of time … even with weeks between uses. I like the fact there are a lot of different tools that use the same battery and don’t cost an arm and a leg. Also the one plus has been around a long while and is not going away. My previous 2 forays into cordless stuff the lines were discontinued after like a year.

16. jeffrey immer says:

I only recently upgraded to Dewalt, but i had, and still have the ryobi 1+ set. bought the blue ones in early 2000’s and they are still trucking, can do almost anything, plus the system is still around and new batteries are pretty cheap. I personally think the newer drills / screwdrivers were not as good as the old one, so much so that when i had bought one, i gave it away pretty quick afterwards

17. Steve says:

I really love my Milwaukee M-12 drill. I think the size, weight, and power are just right. If I need more power, I’ll pull out my corded drill.

18. Brad Justinen says:

Sorry folks, for the price, nothing beats the ryobi 18v lithium.

19. Tom327Cat says:

Ryobi One+ system, Cheap and tough for being cheap.

20. Blair says:

Over the 4th of July weekend I picked up a Chicago Electric 12 V LIon 2 speed drill from Harbor Freight, due to it being ridiculously cheap on sale, and needing a fill in until I got new batteries for my ancient DeWalt 972K.

My intention, and the way it has worked out was to use it as a back up, second drill/driver when the DeWalt was back up, and running.

I haven’t used it a lot for heavy duty tasks, but I have driven numerous 3″ screws with it, and it hasn’t slowed down a bit on a single charge, and it is fine for use as an auxiliary driver in the shop on assembly jobs.

All, in all, I have been pleasantly surprised with it’s performance, and even if it died tomorrow, I would consider it well worth the $36.00 I spent on it.

So I guess I agree about testing some of the HF stuff, especially the “better ones with dual speed settings, full range clutches, etc., just to see what they can do, you never know….

21. bob d says:

I started with Dewalt 18V, but their batteries were expensive and each tool purchase included a battery and charger. Later I switched to Ryobi
    18V which did not force you to buy a battery and charger with every tool.
    Then I thought, how nice it would be if I could use my cheaper Ryobi 18V batteries in my Dewalt tools.

With a little work, a dead Dewalt battery, a cheap Ryobi $12.00 Flashlight, very little soldering and some epoxy putty, I made an adapter.

Here’s how:

Remove the base of the Dewalt battery, take out the bad batteries. You now have a Male adapter. Next cut up the Ryobi flashlight so that the Female battery port fits inside the Dewalt battery case. Solder two connections, add some epoxy putty, and you now have an adapter to power Dewalt for about half the price.
    So there’s a little more bulk, but not much in weight. Legal? Why not since I purchased and owned all the items? It’s no different than putting a Chevy engine into a Ford hot rod.

22. Scott says:

Add me to the list of M12 Users. For 200 bucks you can get the M12 Hammerdrill and Impact combo.

My grandfather uses the Ryobi One+ system and it has held up well. He really likes the blower, lightweight and easy to manage.

23. Greg says:

I’ve had the ryobi one plus 18v lithium ion and it’s done everything I could ask of it as a very avid diyer. I’ve built a deck and remodeled the entire house without a hiccup. Plus, it gives you access to a bunch of other useful tools.

24. Bigboom says:

+1 for the Bosch 12V Line. I only buy 1/4″ quick change bits now and their little driver with the multi speed transmission it has the torque you need for most anything but moderate masonry. It is also small and light, comes with two batteries, and charges extremely fast but stay charged a long time. Add an impact driver and you don’t have much use for the 18V stuff for most people.

25. Mike says:

Another for the Ryobi One+ line. I’ve put a number of them through their paces at work. Just now starting to loose batteries and had a trigger switch fail. After 4 years. Yeah, I’d prefer DeWalt/Bosch/Makita/Milwaukee but the price can’t be beat.

26. MattC says:

Seriously, my old Balck and Decker 14.4V cordless drill. I had the batteries re-celled two years ago (after having the drill for over 10 years) and it keeps going strong.

27. MattC says:

Black-sp

28. browndog77 says:

The Bosch 10.8V & 12V are the same tools w/ different labels. I have some tools & batteries from each “line” and everything is interchangeable. Having said that, I don’t consider any of them cheap, nor do they sport 1/2″ chucks. In that category I vote for the Craftsman 19.2V C3 drill driver (and most of the other various tools in that line-up). You can pick up a drill kit w 2 NiCads & charger for under 50 bucks on sale. Bulky but dependable w/ plenty of torque.

29. PutnamEco says:

Amazon has the Milwaukee 2691-22 18-Volt Compact Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit for sale just under the $200 mark
    This would appear to be the best deal for the budget.

30. kyle says:

I have to agree on the Ryobi 1+. I was given a set with the drill, circ saw, recip saw, sander, and radio (which was still under 200 bucks) for my birthday about four years ago and it still runs very well. It really takes a beating too, i’ve dropped it a bunch and I once caught my wife hitting a nail with it but it still runs like new. Even the original batteries still hold charge and new batteries (non lithium) cheap. For the price to value, it cant be beat in my opinion.

31. Kurt says:

You guys will laugh, but my current favorite is a Harbor Freight 10.8 I bought a couple of years ago for it’s compact size. I keep it in a holster screwed to the leg of my workbench so it is handy for small tasks – drilling, taking apart electronics, that sort of thing. Yet I have used it to put self drillers into 3/4″ plywood boxes, countersink holes, all sorts of things beyond it’s pay grade. I am not sure how it escaped the factory, but this has been a good tool with excellent battery life. Of course this particular one is discontinued (it was black with gray accents).

32. Adam says:

I wouldn’t mind seeing you test the new Black & Decker 20v drill/driver. I’ve had my B&D 18v drill going on 6 years and it just wont quit. I wish it would as I am secretly looking for an excuse to get a new set.
    And I agree with the other posters, throw some HF tools in the mix.

33. Pete says:

As a homeowner, I could not be happir with my Ryobi One+ tools. I have four batteries, the drill, impact driver small saw, flashlight, recip saw, orbital sander, air pump, pruning saw, string trimmer, chainsaw, and hedge cutters.

The whole system rocks for a non-contractor, and I’d put them up against anyone else’s in cost/benefit for Li-ion tools on or off the jobsite.

34. Dan says:

I’m also in the Ryobi 18v camp, however for some tasks they’re heavy and bulky, I’d be interested in knowing more about some lighter and smaller drill/driver systems.

I’d like to see the same qualities as I have with the Ryobi tools:

Commitment to the battery system – I want to know that I can buy a replacement battery 5 years from now without having to buy all new tools.

Durability/build quality – I want to know the tool won’t fall apart before I replace the battery (and that the battery won’t die just after the warranty expires).

Size/Shape/Weight – I already have larger 18v and corded tools when more power is needed. I’m interested in something that I can keep always at the ready, easy to carry, light enough to hold in awkward positions and can fit where the big ones can’t. I don’t have any use for a lower powered tool that’s just as heavy and bulky as the ones I already have.

I don’t need to duplicate all my 18v tools, but some extra items that use the same battery system would be a bonus. Milwaukee’s M12 line looks very tempting, but I haven’t priced any of it. Ryobi’s Tek4 seemed gimmicky, I can buy most of those tools in versions that use standard AA batteries and just get rechargable NiMH batteries for them.

35. Mike Lee says:

Being to true toolmonger, I have numerous cordless drills. The early craftman 18v Ni-cad chuck kept slipping,so I switched over to Ryobi one+.

The problem with Ryobi One+ is the battery self life. Everytime I picked it up the battery would die very fast. Next, I brought the Ryobi 18v Li-on and found out that the battery self life was great and the performance was better. I went out and brought Li-on batteries for both my Ryobi 18v and my recently brought craftman 19.2v. I brought the craftman 19.2v combination kit for 25 dollars! Also, I brought a Ryobi cordless hammer drill (18V). I had it approxmately, 5 years. Sometime the hammer won’t work. Both brands work fine with minimum chuck slippage.

I also have a Ryobi 12V drill Li-on which is light and is excellent for doing quick jobs. When doing big jobs around the house, I use both the Ryobi 18v and 12v.

I have two craftman 19.2V drill/drivers. The early model is larger than the later model. The later model is better because of the lightness. Both drill perform about the same.

If you are a weekend warrior, go with the Li-On drill/drills. They perform better and the battery self life is longer.

36. John V says:

I like both the Ryobi 18V Lithium Ion series and the Bosch 10.8/12V (Same thing just renamed to 12 volt).

As a do-it-yourselfer I really like having Lithium batteries. I might not use a drill for six months and being able to pick it up and it still has a charge is great. Though I did pick up the Ryobi 6-port battery charger too. It will charge six batteries (one at a time), once they are all charged it goes to sleep for a few days and then wakes up and tops off the charge on all the batteries.

37. Shopmonger says:

Yeah all cheap drills add functionality….. so when it comes down to it….is there a bad cheap tool? But i would say that even the older ryobi were not a bad deal…so ryobi is my vote, …however would have to agree we would love to see some harbour freight…chicago electric drills in the comparison. and then maybe some podcasts coming our way…….

ShopMonger

38. Senorpablo says:

I have a ton of Ryobi ONE+ tools and batteries. The tools themselves and the concept are strong. I was excited when they released their new Li-ion batteries, and they seemed to perform very well. I never had a single issue with their older battery technology–they just don’t have great run time in the more demanding tools.

Unfortunately, 3 of the 4 Li-ion batteries I had(all the full size ones) died in less than a year. To make matters worse, Ryobi has TERRIBLE customer/warranty service. It’s all third and fourth party: you take your product to a local “authorized” repair center who then has to deal with a fourth party insurance company to replace the batteries. The service at the repair center was awful. They had no idea what they were doing or what information they needed from me. I got a call days after dropping the batteries off saying they needed a serial number from a tool that I used with the batteries which seemed very odd. It took them two weeks just to “test” the batteries. In all, I waited 6 weeks to get my batteries replaced. If I was counting on those tools professionally I would have been screwed. Hopefully, Ryobi has the issues with their Li-ion batteries sorted out and newer ones last longer.

Ryobi warranty and service stinks.

39. John R. Johnson says:

I was working with a friend of mine building a 10’Double
    Drive gate with the 10″ Black strap hinges. I was using my trusty 18V Dewalt with the XRP batteries. As anyone who has ever used one of these to drive Lag screws can attest, it will wrench your wrist. My buddy went to his truck and grabbed his recently new Ryobi 12v Lithion Ion. It was night and day. I could not believe how powerful that little sucker was. Talk about light weight. I was sold and that night I went to Home Depot and bought one and was very happy with it.

40. Joe says:

I will chime in for the porter cable 18v set again, I like my set that I got and have had no problems with it.

41. Mr. Wires says:

1st drill I bought was a Ryobi 14.4V NiCad and with moderate usage it lasted maybe 1 year before batteries started giving out and the chuck seized.

Then I bought a Mastercraft (read Mastercrap) and it lasted less than a year before batteries stopped holding a charge.

Then I got the 1st gen Rigid combo pack (18v NiCad “hammer” drill, Sawzall, circ saw, and flashlight) and I loved them, despite being heavy as hell, for 3 years untill they got stolen.

After that, I picked up the Milwaukee M12 driver and “hackzall” and they’re still going strong after almost 4 years of daily usage. Batteries are starting to go but I picked up one of the new “Red Lithium” batteries and it’s like getting a brand new tool. The Red Lithium’s are by far a better battery and I’m planning on picking up a few more.

I also picked up the Makita 6 Piece 18V Lithium set (Hammer/Drill, sawzall, circ saw, impact, and angle grinder and a 3rd battery) about 2 years ago and have been very happy with it since.

But bang for buck, I was always very happy with the Rigid drill I got. I used it daily for over 3 years and despite being heavy as hell, it took serious abuse, put out tons of power and had a lifetime warranty to boot. If I ever needed a single drill to cover all my drilling needs, whether for home or professional use, I’d grab a Rigid in a second.

42. Gene says:

Three years ago, my father and I started a new business. We purchased Ryobi One+ drills and saws to save money until we could afford Dewalt tools. We’re still using the Ryobis! We use two impact drivers, hammer drills and a reciprocating saw on a daily basis. We also have the right angle drill, circular saw, vacuum and 3/8″ drill. Six months ago we upgraded to Li batteries. These tools have paid for themselves multiple times!

43. PolkaPete says:

Seems nobody has mentioned the Craftsman C3 19 volt tools? I have had great service from mine, the drills and reciprocating saws particularly get pushed to the limit. The NiCad batteries hold up well, the Lithium ones are more expensive but have lots longer run time. The C3 stuff is a good intermediate grade/low price line, their drills will take an awful beating. I put a geared chuck on the 1/2 inch drill, lots better for metal drilling than the hand tighten wonder that came with it. For the money, good stuff!

44. Jay says:

Based on your comment of “If you already, say, have a kick-ass pro-line drill, we’d still like to know what you’d buy if you had less than $200 to spend.” My criteria would be:

*lightweight & easily carried/used without excess effort
    *able to complete 80-90% of tasks (the rest can be done by the pro-line drill)
    *easy to find/widely available accessories & batteries

Based on those criteria, I would immediately discard any 18v drill. Why buy a larger, heavier, high powered drill if I already own one? I can appreciate the Porter Cable and Ryobi 18v drills features for the price, but they would seem a bit redundant if you already own a pro-line drill that has the same features, even if it cost more orignially.

That leaves the sub-compact lines, and with that it comes down to personal preference. Milwaukee, Bosch, DeWalt and Hitachi, to name just a few brands, all make good tools in this category. I have the M12 drill and absolutely love it. Not to say I wouldn’t like another brand, as well, but the breadth of Milwaukee’s M12 line sold me and I have quite a few other M12 tools that aren’t offered by other manufacturers (I can’t wait to put the camo heated jacket to use when bowhunting this fall!)

In the end my vote would go one of two directions.

Milwaukee M12 Hammer Drill, for the additional utility of working in concrete, especially if you want the flexibility to expand the lineup of tools in the future. As Scott pointed out the hammer drill and impact combo sells for right at the $200 cut off, so would be my first choice.

If I only needed a drill and wasn’t worried about expanding my line-up, I would probably pick the Porter Cable PCL212IDC-2 12v Max combo kit with the drill and impact driver. For about $130 you’d get both tools and have enough money left over take your wife out for a good dinner.

45. PutnamEco says:

I think if these tools where tested until failure, the results would be a lot more interesting. It is fairly easy to make a tool that shows good for a a short trial period, put in a hot battery with a hot motor and it will look pretty impressive for a week or two, maybe even a month, but that hot battery will not be able to withstand many charge/discharge cycles, and that hot motor will end up going up in smoke in fairly short order.

Guys sound like a bunch of girls, wanting dainty little twelve volt tools. $200 bucks in your pocket go out and buy yourself a bad *ss tool. Like a LXT rotary hammer or add another tool to your M28/36volt set, sure you won’t be able to carry them around in your purse, but you’ll be able to stay away from your charger for an even longer amount of time, and you might even be able to get some work done, rather than hanging around in the womens room gossiping away or fixing your make-up, while your waiting for your dainty little tools batteries to charge.

The Toolman would be very disappointed. 🙁

46. PutnamEco says:

Take that last paragraph with a sense of humor, the blog disappeared my LOL code.

47. mike says:

I have, for small cordless drills, the old 9.6 makitas and the newer 12v Ryobis. I like them both. My newer 18v ryobis with the regular ni-cads have had battery failures and tool failures and I’m just a home owner. My makita 9.6v stuff(angle drill, saw,etc)is probably 10-15 years old and still seems fine. I don’t think the Ryobis will make it that long. I like the look of the new Milwaukee, but If I’m buying Chinese stuff anyway, a lot of the time i just go to H. F.

48. ambush says:

My favorite would have to be my 7.2 volt Makita that I salvaged from a neighbors trash. It doesn’t have quite as much torque as I would like sometimes and the single speed means smaller drill bits take longer than I’d like but for a first gen cordless it holds up well to basic drilling and driving tasks.
    If I was looking for inexpensive and I had to buy new I would seriously consider the 10.8 volt lines on offer. If I did decide to go with a larger drill I would have to put some of the $200 aside to replace the crappy chucks offered on most consumer level drills.

49. Miss Francine says:

Hands down my craftman 14.4 volt with 2 batteries, flashlight, charger, and case. Bought on close out eight years ago and still going strong.

50. Michael says:

I have a Dewalt 12V 350lbs torque drill that I loved for a couple of years but it has two nicad batteries and they are reaching the end of their life–I bought a Bosch 10.8 PS20 and it really surprised me–I thought it would be good for in the house but used it build a deck and was really surprised to drive a lot of 3 inch deck screws (one one charge). and then I got the Bosch PS40 Impact drive–it is the driver I reach for now FIRST. 850lbs of torque. Light weight. Lithium ion. I have been using it most recently over a couple of weeks to …fix a fence, remove light covers, drive some screws into a sign, remove bolts from a lawnmower, etc…all on one charge–I really like that the Lion batteries hold a charge and the driver is ready when I reach for it.

51. Jason says:

I bought one of the Ryobi combo sets you have pictured above. I reviewed this the other day on my website. I’m pretty pleased with the drill and saws, and the batteries SEEM better to me compared to older drill sets, but these Ryobis still aren’t of as high a level of build quality as the premium brands. Still, I only spent, like, $200 for three really useable tools and two lithium-ion batteries. Not bad, in my book.

52. Will says:

I just got a HDD-181 Bosch drill. It’s pretty light for an 18V drill and came with two batteries that can charge faster than I can run them down. Got it on sale for just $140.

53. Dan says:

Makita drill very good..ive use and tried all brands but the two who sticks in my mind will be a 4.8 bosch compact and a 14.4 Mts drill I had it for many years and did the job well for driving screws,but that was years ago and still struggling today to be impress by one