If you have power tools, chances are you’ll probably need a first aid kit someday. Festool hopes you’ll add their first aid kit to your stack of Festool Systainers and be ready for that day.

Festool packs 167 certified ANSI/OSHA first aid supplies into one of their SYS 1 Systainers and marks the red latches with the quasi-universal symbol for first aid. If you do end using it, Festool includes details for reordering supplies with the kit.

Festool doesn’t come right out and say it, but they do imply that they are only making a limited number of these Systainer first aid kits. When you do find one, you’ll pay $89.

First Aid Systainer [Festool Blog]
First Aid Systainer [Festool Products]
First Aid Systainer [Ace Tool]

Tagged with:

14 Responses to Festool First Aid Kit

1. Tom says:

$89 for a first aid kit? I guess it does have a Festool logo on it.

2. Dennis says:

Festool has such sexy storage cases. I just width they were a little more in my price range.

3. Kris says:

Very typical of Festool – superior in some ways and so sexy but O Lord you pay for the privilege. Reminds me of Apple (don’t flame me bro!).

4. Mike47 says:

I don’t see any first aid supplies included to treat a wallet that is hemorrhaging dollars.

5. DoItRite says:

I like the ones available at higher quality outdoors retailers like this:

If its worse than this can fix then I’ll use a cell phone and call 911.

If its worse than that I’ll need a floatation device, a geiger counter and a radiation suit.

If its worth than that, I’ll need a case of Jack Danials.

6. Damien says:

What no T-Loc Systainer? 🙂

7. Mike says:

Just hope it’s not stacked on the bottom layer when a hand goes missing.

8. Jim K. says:

I’m with DoItRite on this. I’ve got one of these in each of our family vehicles another in the house with our earthquake kit (welcome to CA) and finally one in my shop (actually the shop version skips the “medications” as I’m not so lazy as to not walk upstairs if I need to take an aspirin or similar and am too lazy to keep up on the exp. dates on the meds in an area they won’t get used). Now if this came in Festool green… 😉

9. Patrick says:

What’s in there that’s worth $89…seems we are paying for the logo and case?

10. rob says:

well a good kit is worth paying for I agree it is pricey but if it makes it more convenient it will spend more time where it is easier to get and more visable
    rather than behind the seat of the ruck 10 floors below in the parkade or 2 blocks over in the parking lot

it really isn’t that much more than a good kit and a good kit only helps if it is handy

11. ChrisW says:

No smelling salts? For my wife when she finds out how much I paid.
    No bullet extractors? For me when she regains cons

12. metis says:

really the only reason to buy a first aid kit is for the container and smaller volumes of the odd ball things you want in one. having a few mini eye washes in the car is nice, but a few bottles of water is more useful. having a packet of clotting compound is a potential life saver that you can’t (often) pick up at the local druggist, IF you know how and when to use it.

having a first aid kit is well and good, but if you don’t know how to use it, it’s just another status symbol. sure, your friend might know how to use the sam splint in your hiking kit, but if you don’t odds are you’re wasting energy carrying it about and will never use it, even if you need it.

you learned how to use and sharpen that nice joiner plane, now learn basic first aid, or just keep a pair of tweezers, package of bandaids and a maxi pad in the shop. (the maxi pad is for when you are REALLY bleeding and need assistance. very absorbent, more sterile than your injury, cheap)

13. Louis says:

I suppose the $89 is for the nifty box because the stuff inside isn’t worth more than about $15. Save your $$ and buy a tackle box and the supplies you really need.

Can’t get too down on Festool because very few commercially marketed first aid kits are really worth the asking price.

14. Mike Dutton says:

Quote: “with the quasi-universal symbol for first aid.”

Why do people invert the red cross/white background to a white cross/red background?

They jump from first aid to being Swiss.