No matter how many times I see it, I can’t get over the Wayne’s World reference when I see a gun or bow rack. It doesn’t matter that its recipient really does need one and it will de-clutter an entire area in a room. It’s just difficult to think of something more Southern-Bubba than a weapon rack such as this.

I even stained it a walnut color, which I honestly think makes it several times worse. I tried to add a little flare around the edges and some cut-outs and rounding along the supports, but that made it worse still. I thought I was doing well to get 12 recurves stacked inside of 4 feet, but then, to my horror, I realized what I had just built.

So I have no choice really. I must stand up, hat in hand, and state for the record “Hi, my name is Sean. I did indeed make the equivalent of a gun rack.” I suppose Stacy and I will have lots to talk about at the next woodworkers’ support group meeting.

Wayne’s World Quote in Question [IMDB]

7 Responses to Project: It’s A Bow Rack, Wayne!

1. Kevin says:

Arrows. I hope it’s the type with suction cups on the front 🙂 this way it can’t hurt people or even more important, animals. Nice project though, I also like the color of the stain.

2. Jerry Rupiper says:

Great Idea, I am thinking about laying out a gun and bow rack as I type this note.

3. Sean O'Hara says:

@Kevin Actually no, the bows in question fire 29 inch carbon fiber arrows with 110 grain field tips. However, while animals might be safe when we use them the Dr. Pepper can hung in front of the foam block is punctured on a regular basis. Mostly by the old man.

4. 99octane says:

@Kevin
    I suppose you built your house using rubber foam bricks, and framed it with a rubber foam hammer, so they can’t hurt people…

5. B. Foo says:

I need to build one of these. I want to incorporate some of the mounted heads of the animals I’ve taken into it though.

6. Mike47 says:

Looks like 2 sets of bus seats for very narrow persons.

7. Juan V says:

Looks like 4 pairs of High Heel Shoes.