Strap on Shop-Vac’s ShopPac Back Pack Vac and you won’t have to worry about knocking over the canister or getting it stuck between a bench and a sawhorse.

They don’t list the tank size on the 6.5 Hp vacuum, so it probably isn’t very large, but then again who wants to carry 12 gallons of debris on their back?  It’s also not a wet-vac so you don’t want to start sucking water or wet garbage with the vacuum. The vac mounts to an adjustable back pack harness system, or if you want to carry it, you can use the top-mounted handle.

The Vac features a 25ft. cord and a 4′ lock-on 1-1/4″ diameter hose. It also comes with two metal extension wands and a dual surface nozzle which both store on the vacuum. Like most Shop-Vacs it uses a cartridge filter and a disposable filter bag. Pricing starting at $130.

Backpack Vac [Shop-Vac]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

Tagged with:

8 Responses to Wear Your Vacuum

1. Gordon DeWitte says:

Hmmm… if you reverse the vacuum, will it work like the Martin Jetpack?

2. Shopmonger says:

I would like one for cleaning up the shop floor,, as long as i could use a vac bag to weed out all the saw dust and metal shavings……….

ShopMonger

3. Cameron Watt says:

@Gordon DeWitte: Worst jetpack idea ever!

I’ve seen office cleaners with backpack vacuums in the Netherlands but never thought I’d want one for a shop vacuum….another $1M opportunity missed!

What I’d suggest to make your shop vacuum more usable is to get a longer hose. I doubled up on hoses and now I spend more time actually cleaning rather than playing tug-of-war with R2D2.

4. Gough says:

We’ve got a backpack vac that we purchased from Grainger years ago, 2 shop vacs with CleanStream HEPA filters, and a true HEPA vac. I’d have to agree with Cameron that adding a second length od hose to the regular shop vac is the best solution. I don’t think we’ve used the backback version in 10 years.

5. fred says:

Our floor-finishing subcontractor seems to use backpack-style vacuum cleaners a lot. I’m not sure of the brand – but think they use HEPA filtration. I’m guessing that they’re used because of convenience on stairs (we build a lot of these in our shop) which are sanded and finished on-site. I don’t have a clue about the brand – but they I recall that they are blue not yellow.

6. Bill says:

I’d be sure to wear hearing protection. What about static electricity?

7. jeffrey immer says:

or what about walking around with a 25′ cord then going 26′? if you wanted mobility on a crappy small shopvac then it should be battery charged?!?!?!

8. Jerry says:

Sanitaire, which makes commercial vacuums that you see in a lot of hotels, makes a backpack unit that I have seen used in a hotel. Being commercial quality, I would expect a much higher price tag though.
    Hmmmm – I could probably find a way to strap my DeWalt 18 Volt to my back. Or, just get longer hoses for my old, reliable Shop-Vac that ends up attached to all my power tools and lives on after more than 10 years.