jump to example.com

More tools should be named for what they do. Take Mayhew’s Dominator Weld Wakker — like the previously mentioned Seam Buster, you hear the name, take one look at the tool, and you know it’s used to break apart spot welds or bonded panels.

Mayhew heat treats and tempers the blade then sharpens both the end and edge. A soft, two-composite material covers the shaft to make a grip. The shaft extends all the way to the metal end cap, so striking the tool transfers the force to the seam to make a hole between panels. Striking the tool on the side drives the panels apart.

Thirty bucks buys you a set of two Weld Wakkers: one 11-3/4″ long tool with a 1″ wide blade and a second 14-1/2″ long tool with a 1-1/4″ wide blade.

Weld Wakker [Mayhew Tools]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

Tagged with:

2 Responses to The Weld Wakker

  1. shopmonger says:

    Do a lot of people still use these? or are more and more of us using a weld cutter….I have found that the weld cutter provides an eaiser re-install of a new panel or part,…….

    But i do like the idea of haivng a purpose built tool for this, old chisels dull to easy, although again i would use an air hammer with a fine ground chisel…..but maybe there is not enough room in some cases for the hammer…….


  2. fred says:

    One of my crew brought in a similar Steck Tool to try on siding/roofing nails:


    We found it a bit short for that application – and still rather use our old slate rippers

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *