While it’s not the elusive laser-guided screwdriver or hammer, the Victorinox Presentation Master does have a laser pointer, and 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB of USB flash drive storage, and a Bluetooth® remote control, not to mention a blade, nail file with screwdriver, scissors, and key ring. For those of you trying to get through airport security, Victorinox also makes a bladeless version, the Presentation Master Flight.

These are supposed to be available in April 2010, but several online sites already have pricing starting around $113 and rapidly getting north of $200. If you can live without Bluetooth® — or prefer a retractable ball point pen! — there’s an earlier 4GB version that you can pick up for a mere $55 or so.

These might make nice executive gifts, but I don’t see your typical Toolmonger rushing out to buy one. I could be wrong. Let us know in comments.

Presentation Masters [Manufacturer’s Site]
Street Pricing [Google Products]

Tagged with:

15 Responses to Swiss Army Knife — With Laser!

1. Aric says:

The USB dongle looks like it has a fingerprint reader in it, too.

2. shopmonger says:

Nice idea for the ToolMonger with a day job. I love it….simple and yet functional….

Shopmonger

3. Robbie B says:

I’ll buy anything with a laser.

4. Dave B. says:

Maybe I am missing something, but a Bluetooth Remote control for what?

5. Pete D says:

If it came in black, it would be a TACTICAL Swiss Army Knife – With Laser. The would be something, now wouldn’t it?

6. Matt T says:

Quoth Dave B.: “Maybe I am missing something, but a Bluetooth Remote control for what?”

I imagine for controlling Powerpoint/PDF presentations, though I’d need to see the User Manual before committing to that.

7. Bryan says:

From the Swiss Army website: “also secure data encryption technology allowing you to protect those files since they can only be accessed by recognition of your fingerprint.”

So that IS a fingerprint reader on the USB dongle Aric!

8. Blair says:

Right, and get laughed right off the job site….not for me thanks, but then I always was old school on things like pocket knives

9. paganwonder says:

“…sharks with frickin’ lasers”

10. Jim says:

It would be nice if they made a version without the knife blade. The Bluetooth would be to advance and control Powerpoint presentations, with the laser pointer as a highlighting aide. Unfortunatley, most people in the frequent presentation business travel. And, you cannot get this past TSA security in the airports. I am certainly not going to check-in a bag in order to bring this along. I’ll use my Kensington.

Jim

11. Gordon says:

@ Jim

As noted in the post, they do make a version without the blade: it’s called the Presentation Master Flight.

12. Nick says:

This would be great if it was a useful laser that could actually cut things. Or at least start campfires with. But I know, this looks like a toy for business men.

13. Jim K. says:

This pretty much seals it. Victorinox is dead to me. While I have fond memories of my first Swiss Army knife from grade school, I can’t say that I’ve been overly impressed with their more recent offerings. Add to this their brand licensing for some pretty loosely related products (of questionable quality in my opinion) and I’m convinced that they’ve passed their prime and are on the long slippery road downhill into obscurity. Wouldn’t carry this if you paid me to, even though my job DOES often require me to have both of these kinds of tools on hand.

14. mike says:

I think you find Victorinox branching out into these non-knife areas simply because having a knife nowadays is frowned upon in so many locations. What was once a tool is now seen only as a weapon. All my relatives carried pocket knives when I was a kid. I had pocket knives when I was a kid of 8 or 9. Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts had knives. The parents of any kid that age caught with a knife today are going to be brought up on charges.

15. Mike meader says:

I bought a Swiss Army knife with a laser back a field years ago or cost a lot of moneylaser does not work any moreCan anybody tell me if the knife is still warranting and I would like to get it Fixed can you send me the address for me to send it please thanks