Are your customers tired of seeing more of you then they paid for? Duluth Trading Company thinks they have the answer — their Tongtail T. The extra three inches at the bottom of the shirt should cover your butt whether you leave your shirt tails hanging out or tuck ’em in.

Made from 100% cotton, the imported shirts have reinforced seams and printed labels rather than tags.  Available with or without a front pocket, short sleeve Longtail Ts will run you $15, while a long sleeve version costs $20. You’ll have to add an extra buck for tall or big sizes and shipping will run you at least $7, but, like many places, the more you buy, the more reasonable shipping gets.

Clicking on the Longtail Ts banner on the linked web page brings up an amusing video — it’s nowhere as funny as their radio ad, but you’re at the mercy of the local radio stations if you want to hear it.

Longtail Ts [Duluth Trading Co]

Tagged with:

13 Responses to Newsflash: Longer T-Shirt Hides Butt Crack

1. Shalin says:

Makes a great gift for you plumber, huh!? 😉

2. Old Coot says:

Plumber’s union will protest this as it provides insufficient view of the nether regions.

3. Sam says:

have 4 of ’em, wear ’em, love ’em. They’re pretty darned high quality (for a t-shirt), and they don’t come untucked. Worth the price, if you’re trying to appear somewhat professional.

4. Jeff says:

They’ve got three radio ads on their YouTube channel, http://www.youtube.com/duluthtrading

5. mikeq says:

just wear taller underwear

6. Baron says:

Duluth Trading has some really great, work focused clothes. Great names too, such as Ball Room Jeans. I told my wife that if she ever needs to get me a gift and can’t think of just want I need, open their catalog and pick something.

7. @Jeff:

Thanks, I missed that. The one that I heard that started this post was the one where they were suggesting ideas to fix plumbers butt and one person says hang a sign that says, “my sideways smile is only for you.”

In case you can’t find them, when you go to the YouTube channel, hit the “uploads” button and the radio ads are in the scrolling column to the right.

8. ttamnoswad says:

I have been consistently disappointed with the Duluth clothing. The materials and workman ship seem fine, but the cut/fit/shape are an off the (Chinese) shelf variety….akin to sears or walmart brand work wear. Clunky, not ergonomic , binds/rides pulls when you actually move in them, etc.

I know Duluth can do better, but they prob outsource the design and obviously the mfg. And they haven’t put any thought to marketing actual (not implied) fit/ergo/cut as a feature of functionality………odd for a workwear company.

I have tried these shirts too. I am 6 ft with longer arms for my frame…..and the longtail tee is too long for me.

An NO…..you dont tuck in a t shirt.

9. snoopy says:

Like ttamnoswad, I’ve been disappointed with Duluth. I’ve ordered from them twice, and neither time did the clothes really ‘fit’…there was just something awkward about them. Gave the clothes (sweatshirt and t-shirt) to Goodwill.

I wear Carhartt or LLBean.

10. jeff says:

@ttamnoswad & snoopy:
    I’ve had the exact opposite experience with their stuff. I have two pairs of pants Fire Hose 5-pocket Jeans and Fire Hose Work Pants. They are the best pants I’ve ever owned. The “jeans” fit just like 501s and when I need a little more movement for working the Work Pants are amazing. I’m 6’2″ 250#. Their Fire Hose line is outstanding in my eyes.

11. Mike47 says:

I like the sign idea, except mine would say, “To operate, please deposit 25 cents”.

12. river1 says:

one of the guys at work glanced over at another coworker who needed one of these shirts and said “hey a place to park my bike”. cracks (pun intended) me up to this day.

later jim

13. Sam says:

I agree that Duluth’s stuff fits a bit differently than others, but in my case it fits better. At least, I much prefer their work pants to the Carhartts I used to wear. YMMV.