Gizmodo recently mentioned a different type of log cabin. Piet Hein Eek built this variation as a recording studio for his friend and musician Hans Liberg. The log facade, as shown above, covers a plastic and steel frame. It’s not very clear from the picture, but the cabin is on wheels, has a hitch, and can be towed. Currently located in Hilversum, Netherlands, the log cabin houses a modern recording studio in its surprisingly bright interior. You can glimpse a bit of this in the picture below, where the top-hinged windows are opened.

You can find a lot more pictures at the Thomas Mayer Archive link below.

Log House Office on Wheels [Thomas Mayer Archive]

Tagged with:

8 Responses to It’s Just Cool: Mobile Log Cabin

1. Toolhearty says:

Interesting and clever, but this is another one of those projects that leave me thinking: “Money. Is there anything it can’t do?”

I would have liked to have seen how they concealed the wheels, but gave up after about thirty “next photo” clicks in.

2. The Other Michael says:

They never show pics of the wheels… but they do show some awesome drawings: http://thomasmayerarchive.de/details.php?image_id=168937&l=english

3. Toolhearty says:

Duh. Could have made it a lot easier on myself if I had taken the time to notice that clicking on any photo gives an album view.

Now, how does one enlarge the images of the drawings?

4. bigboom says:

When in the gallery view just hold your mouse over the picture and it just pops up. No click is needed.

5. Brau says:

After seeing the inside the only thought that occurred to me was how badly I’d want to get out of such a small cramped bland space. Too bad the interior doesn’t look nearly as enticing as the exterior. I mean who cares what viewers think as long as the creative environment (inside) is comfortable.

6. paganwonder says:

That’s Art for you- sometimes you just have to do it for the sake of doing it.

7. Coach James says:

Was anyone able to enlarge a drawing enough to get dimensions?

8. Eddie says:

What is the point of this? Why would you want o conceal your recording studio?

I think this is kinda stupid. I understand a mobile recording studio. But unless your stage name involved the wood as part of it… Chuck Wood, Woody Woodson, et al This makes no sense.