No, that’s not my car, and that’s definitely not my garage. But I can dream, can’t I? And I thought that looking through the Griot’s Garage catalog was fun. The Ultimate Garage, started by Steve D’Gerolamo, provides a variety of products and services — “The only limits are one’s imagination and budget” — to assist you in building or outfitting your garage and workshop. It has all the usual stuff like architectural plan reviews, air conditioning and dehumidification systems, audio and video distribution — doesn’t your garage have CAT6 hookups and a video server rack? — building acoustics, electrical-power distribution and backup, fume extraction systems, and more. The link below is the first of several pages showing some incredible garages, cars, and equipment.

Must. Stop. Drooling.

Technology & Design Showcase [Ultimate Garage]

9 Responses to Ultimate Garage

1. russ says:

Nice, remind me again when I win the lottery jackpot!

2. river1 says:

if you like garages you’ll like http://www.garagejournal.com/

3. Toolhearty says:

slobber… slobber… slobber…

4. JW says:

WOW, the amount of detail, planning and the overall amount of thought put in to that garage is phenomenal. I wish I could meet this guy. I’m impressed, and usually I am the one doing the impressing! Simply amazing.

5. Toolhearty says:

You know, I (and everyone I know) must be of some inferior species. My neighbors thought I was going “deluxe” and gave me a bunch of ribbing when I added insulation, put up drywall, and installed a wall furnace in my detached garage.

After looking at the photos on the website… wow. No where is it mentioned what all of that cost. Not even a rough figure. Not even the number of digits (was it 6 or 7?)

6. russ says:

@river1

You’re right, that is a good website for garages. Been checking it out the past few months. I like the one where the guy took the beat up old auto shop that needed to be torn down and restored it…with some modifications – beautiful job. If you do like garages/garages with shops, that is the website to go to.

7. Jim K. says:

Meh… Way too clean for my style. 😉 I’d happily take the car and some of the tool storage though. Just don’t ever expect to see it this clean again.

8. toolhearty says:

JW Says:

Maybe you would, I wouldn’t. This is a case of a guy with too much money and not a lot of smarts. Give me a $1M budget and I’ll impress the snot out of you.

My favorite part was: “I only buy “Brand-X” of woodworking tools because they come in these standardized containers. I had a custom steel cabinet made that would hold exactly six of these containers per drawer.”

Maybe I missed it, but is there any mention of any woodworking space in this luxury garage? Really, anyone see any power tools? …like a table saw?

9. Coach James says:

Nice showplace, but truthfully, I don’t like it. It reminds me of the projects on This Old House where people spend massive amounts of money to buy the most expensive designer things available. The owners level of wealth is so far beyond mine that his garage is not something I could even aspire to.