When I first saw this product I immediately thought about the stem lube scam on The Simpsons, but if you think about it, this product might not sound so silly. Have you ever broken a bulb because it was stuck in the socket? Next time you replace it, you could try a product like Bulb EZ to keep the bulb from sticking.

Copperwolf claims that Bulb EZ is non-toxic, non-corrosive, odorless, not silicone based (won’t dry out), and made in the USA. One ounce of Bulb EZ will run you about $4.

Bulb EZ [Corporate Site]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

Tagged with:

8 Responses to Light Bulb Lube

1. Rob says:

Your local auto parts store usually sells them in little packets (called bulb grease) for about 99 cents. I have several of them around the house for bulbs in the bathrooms and garages as it they seem to get crunchy.

I’ve heard that you can do the same with Vaseline, but have never tried that myself.

2. Sambo says:

I always use Vaseline but I have always wondered if maybe I shouldn’t. Any thoughts?

3. Adam says:

I need an industrial size. I manage a townhouse complex, and for whatever reason the bulbs in the can lights always break off. I tried dilectric grease, which helped a little. I will have to find some and give it a try.

4. kyle says:

i think dielectric grease is probly the same thing

5. Jerry says:

I just pay a pinch extra and get brass base bulbs. Most of the time they come out easily enough but there are those that do break off. On a similar note, I have started using the 130 volt bulbs in some of the fixtures at the hotel where I work and find that they have lasted a really long time. Over a year so far where the 120 volt – same brand and all that – lasted about a month.

6. Slow Joe Crow says:

I actually have a small container of the stuff and it does help removal. It also lasts a long time since it’s a waxy material and you just rub the bulb on it to get a thin smear on the threads.

7. AggieMike says:

We have a 250W heat lamp that always seems to have the glass separate from the base even when you’re not trying to turn the bulb to remove it. We thought for some reason the base was corroding and tried using dielectric grease but that didn’t help, anyone else with the same problem?

8. Brau says:

I saw on a “home tips” show once, a fellow used a titch of PAM on the bulb threads to stop it from binding. I’ve never had the guts to try it though, as I can’t stand the possibility of finding the bulb “seasoned” in place and then having to admit it’s my own dumb fault. It has occurred to me that a touch of battery post lube or electrical grade lithium grease might do the trick while still being useful for other things. Unfortunately though, these thoughts seem to cross my mind when I’m on the ladder with the new bulb half screwed in, and life goes on as it was before.