I strongly suspect that this video was staged, but however they did it, I feel certain throwing a saw blade through a 2×4 will surely appear in a John Woo film in the next year or two. It’s just too damn cool not to do.

It’s one of those cool-ass moves that appear in movies like Lethal Weapon where the bad guy pops the slide off an older model Beretta that didn’t have the new lock in one swift motion. Trust me; some stunt director somewhere is taking notes.

Carpenter Throws Saw Blade Through 2×4 [Today’s Big Thing]

11 Responses to It’s Just Cool: Throwing Saw Blades

1. karl says:

You obviously haven’t seen Commando.

2. Gary says:

I saw this on youtube. It’s obviously a stunt. You get a glimps of where he cut through the board when the guy picks it up and it’s a smooth cut. I call BS. He couldn’t throw it hard enough to cut through a 2by, nor would the cut be that clean.

3. Mark says:

Made for TV movie back in the 70s…

martial artist picks up saw blade, throws, hits bad guy in head…

“Thank God for Black and Decker!”

4. B. Foo says:

Looks like CGI… the way the blade flies and then suddenly drops to the wood doesn’t look right. Also, when the blade hits the wood it looks like someone used a spark particle effect…

5. jeffrey immer says:

if you’ve ever thrown a saw blade at something, it’s nearly impossible to get it to stick let alone to cut something, but funny none the less

6. Coach James says:

Pretty cool, but I can’t believe anyone would believe this was real, even for a second.

7. ToolGuyd says:

Yep, it’s been done in movies before. Commando for one, and then again in a recent movie whose title currently escapes me.

8. Mike47 says:

This is not believeable based on energy conversion. Think about how much energy goes into cutting a 2×4 with a sharp hand saw, especially in arm movement(s)… then compare to ONE arm swing in the video. Also, a real throw, if accurately placed, would cause the blade teeth to bite for a fraction of a second, then skip over the wood. Even a power saw takes a few seconds to cut through a 2×4. This is pure BS.

9. David Bryan says:

I could believe it if he was dressed in black and clinging to a wall, but like this, well I don’t know.

10. ttabob says:

Yeah, what Coach said……its not even worth the speculation.

The tape measure master video is also fake, but much better done.

This is most likely a pseudo viral marketing for Stanley, or another tool accessory maker or seller.

11. kyle says:

I have thrown circ swa blades at logs before and the will just go in up to the bottom of the teeth.