Right now Amazon has the Ladder Boss Pro Tool Bag 90201 for $42.44 (w/ SS shipping).

The Ladder Boss is to the ladder what the Bucket Boss is to, um, a bucket. It slips over the top of a ladder and has an 11-tool-pocket removable section, 4 hammer loops, 4 tie rings, and 3 drill bit pockets. But wait, there’s more! It has a top tray.┬áIt even holds a bucket, which you can use to hold more tools. Or Sno-Seal.

The specs on the Ladder Boss site are confusing when you compare them with the Amazon description though — best to assume Ladder Boss has it right.

Via Amazon [What’s This?]

8 Responses to Dealmonger: Ladder Boss Tool Bag

1. Galadriel says:

Yeah, amazon’s ability to get specs right–if at all–is sometimes questionable.

2. PutnamEco says:

I’m am not a fan of anything on top of ladders. The danger of having a tool fall off and hurt someone while moving the ladder is more risk than I’m willing to take. I would not use this on any ladder over 5 feet tall.

3. fred says:

@PutnamEco

I’m with you – especially with using this sort of thing on a commercial worksite. I also find it hard to imagine a single job – to be worked from a step ladder – that would require all of the tools pictured at one time. Carry up what you need for the job at hand – and hopefully don’t do it like that old song about how Murphy moved his bricks in a barrel.

4. Jupe Blue says:

I almost never get to the top of my ladder and have everything I need. That being said, I don’t think this would help. But might be useful for repetitive tasks like making up j-boxes or running hangers for installations above a t-bar ceiling.

5. bob says:

I have a smaller version with 5 pockets front and back, and 2 on each side. I use to help keep things from falling off the ladder (when I don’t want to wear a tool-belt).

6. ttabob says:

I like this idea……maybe this particular design is a bit overkill, but my ladder top looks like a mimi work bench as I dont like a belt or pouches hanging of of me so I can be more mobile.

Im surprised they took this long to make something……however like all of bucket boss designs……its always off the mark by a few degrees.

I will look for something similar, but PASS on this one.

7. Cameron Watt says:

I can’t say I’ve ever need nearly as much stuff on top of a ladder as this thing will hold. I guess one could set their Bucket Boss on the stepladder tray…

@fred: The bricklayer song! The Corries did the best version, I think. I can’t work aloft without thinking about it. Hunt it down on youtube, guys; I promise it’ll make your day.

8. Jason Douglas says:

I personally have a ladder boss for the past 5years. I use on the construction site daily I would recommend to anyone looking to speed up production.