With a few Hitch Masters and some rope you have a compact and versatile system for pulling, lifting, or keeping stuff tied down — at least that’s what Anderson Products claims.¬†Weave a rope the right way through the several hooks and you have something like a block and tackle to multiply your pulling force without the pulleys.¬†Weave the rope in another way and it serves as a tie-down.

You can pick up a pair of small Hitch Masters for $25, a large pair for $35, or a kit with a pair of large and small Hitch Masters, 30′ of rope, a U-pulley, and carrying case for $60.

Hitch Master [AK Cool Tools]

Tagged with:

16 Responses to Hitch Master: A Block And Tackle In Your Pocket

1. Chris W says:

I have my doubts about this. The friction of sliding the rope across all those right angles would overcome any benefit. Maybe it could be used for lowering, but even that could damage the rope. Has anyone out there used one?

2. I’m with Chris. No way in hell you can lift with that setup they have in the picture.

What is the point anyway – avoiding the bulk of block and tackle? because it’s not saving money…

Here’s a 4000lb block and tackle (with rope) for $25

and double pulley’s are $6

3. Jim German says:

I concur with Chris, seems very unlikely you’ll get much advantage out of this, and I could see it just making life difficult.

4. eriko says:

They also make the Clamptite. It makes hose and other clamps from wire stock. I lusted after one back when I fixed carpet cleaning equipment.

verbage from the site
    Finally, there’s a better way to make clamps. You can make custom clamps, any size, any shape, anywhere, from wire. We recommend stainless steel wire because of its strength and durability. The ClampTite tool will work with all wires, but you have to match the wire to the application. By simply cutting the wire to the length you need, you can have a clamp of any size.

5. Shopmonger says:

Chris,Jim
    I would totally agree. I carry a “Deer” hoist in my car from harbour freight and found it to be very handy. I would suggest replacing the line with some para-line

ShopMonger

6. Dave P says:

I think the primary use for this is as a knotless trucker’s hitch…..hence the name “Hitch Master.” The block and tackle application is kind of ancillary.

For those of you who don’t know your knots, a trucker’s hitch is what real men use instead of those cheesy little ratchet straps.

7. Bryan says:

Unless youve seen a product in person and seen it work you shouldnt judge it based off of what you see in a picture. Ive used the hitchmaster, its compact, great for hunting, you can use it to pull your 4 wheeler out of a mudhole if you dont have a winch, use it to pull your snowmobile out if you get it stuck, it has a lot of applications.

8. diluded000 says:

Dave P – the truckers hitch kicks ass. Try one with an alpine butterfly for the top loop sometime.

9. Thad E Ginathom says:

It (the real thing) is called a tackle, not a “block and tackle”. Any sailor should be able to tell you, not only this, but that the line is not meant to be bent to that small circumference and, if it works at all, won’t last long.

Especially that nasty, cheap polypropylene in the pic!

10. Chris W says:

Bryan, I don’t need to buy something before expressing my doubt. I would love to see a video of someone pulling a stuck vehicle out of a ditch with this thing, but I don’t think I will.

11. Neil Sheehan says:

I have one in my 4WD. It gets used a lot, and works really well. It’s simple, cheap, and effective. Sorry I haven’t got a vid of me pulling my 4WD out of a mudhole, but it does do it. For the cost and how much space this doesn’t take up, it cannot be beaten.

12. Kurt P says:

I have seen and tried this at EAA and it does what it says what it does and
    what is shown in the pictures. Also I have seen many
    aircraft and tents stablized during high winds with this product.
    Pretty expensive stuff depending on this product. I have seen it
    used year after year at EAA.

13. TiteTie says:

All you guys don’t know what you’re talking about.

The Hitchmaster is a great hoisting product with far more uses and benefits than a block n tackle, I should know because I have one and have also invented the TiteTie and understand where the Hitchmaster is coming from.

Before knocking a product, you should use it for yourself

14. Authentic says:

I bought a set of these several years ago at a state fair and never thought I’d use them as much as I do especially for hanging deer and other large game and pulling the 4-wheeler out. The “right angles” described by another poster do not exist, since these things are bent in such a way that the rope follows a curved surface.

15. Jerry Scoot says:

I have worked with the HitchMaster “Aussie Rope” winch for over 10 years. It does work!!!! I worked the Alaska State Fair one year and sold hundreds of sets. Alaskan people are survivalist and this light weight compact tool can be a life saver.

16. David Belden says:

What kind of rope is best suited for this operation?