The Smart-Holder holds log firmly off the ground so you can safely saw them without rolling, bending, or burying your chainsaw blade in the dirt.

AMGA in Sweden designed the Smart-Holder to assemble and break down quickly. Once it’s set up you just push the end of log through the swinging jaw of the Smart-Holder and push down on the log to wedge it in place.

The 27 pound Smart-Holder measures 47″ long by 15″ wide and will hold any log 1/2″ to 9″ thick.  When it’s set up it stands 38″ tall and when it collapses it’s just 2″ high. Stihl and Remington also market the Smart-Holder under their own branding. No matter which company sells it, pricing starts at $100.

Smart Holder [Corporate Site]
Smart Holder [Remington]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

Tagged with:

7 Responses to Smart-Holder Sawhorse For Logs

1. Kris says:

A good idea but kind of spendy if you don’t use this all the time. There is a log holder attachment for the Jawhorse http://toolmonger.com/2008/06/17/meet-rockwells-jawhorse/ that looks like it would do the job as well for $40. Of course you need to shell out $175+ for the jawhorse to start………

2. Shopmonger says:

How about the cheapest way……”THE FOOT” I know that people think this is Unsafe, but actually i have found it to be the safest, because as the saw begins to grab you can just push the log away……..I do logging 2-3 times per year though… so someone more proficient would probably have better ideas. I just see this thing coming up and hitting me as the log shifts when weight distribution is changed because of the cutting. Maybe lagged into a big stump…

Shopmonger

3. Robert says:

Thank you for this info. I have the Triton brand of “Jaw Horse” with log jaws, but it will not balance long logs in the air as the demo video shows.
    There is also another item called the “Smart Splitter” that is well worth looking at, for those times you don’t want to fire up the gas log splitter.
    I just ordered both from Baileys (baileysonline.com)
    Smart Splitter = $ 99.95
    Smart Holder = $104.95

Total $ 204.90

Baileys has a special FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING on any order over
    $200.00 which separately would have cost me about about $16.00 each, so I saved $32.00 !

4. Robert says:

Correction- the Smart Splitter was $104.95,
    and the Smart Holder was $ 99.95.
    Baileys has a free catalog and can be reached toll free 1 800 322 4539

5. Michael W says:

Personally, I’d rather use a log jack. It’s a lot easier to lever up the logs, rather than have to lift them. Of course I’m dealing with 13-15″ Ash logs that run around 14′ long.

They’re also about half the price.

6. Robert says:

I also have a log jack, but it is only good for two or three cuts, then I have to keep repositioning it to continue on long logs. If you watch the video, you will appreciate the advantages this offers over both log jacks and the Rockwell Jaw Horse/Triton’s Superjaws

7. Michael W says:

I understand what you’re saying Robert, but when you’re cutting logs that are heavier than you it’s much easier to lever them up several times than pick them up once.

I guess they’re both good for what they do.