Little Giant’s work platform can be used with any of their ladders. It fits over any rung and folds out of the way while you’re climbing up and down the ladder. When you do need it, you can just move it into position with with your foot.

Made from aluminum, the platform will support up to 300 lbs. It runs about $40.

Work Platform [Little Giant]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

Tagged with:

8 Responses to Work Platform For Little Giant Ladders

1. Eli says:

Costco online sells this for $29.99.

2. Toolhearty says:

Will it work with other ladders besides Little Giant? I can’t tell from the photo how it attaches to the upper rung.

3. Jim says:

Toolhearty….it attaches with a lip that slips over the rung. It might work on another ladder, but don’t know.

I have it and it does work, but the method of climbing over it, pushing it in, and climbing back down past it is easier said than done, especially if wearing boots with a big toe box. It is much more comfortable to stand on than the Little Giant rungs and it is necessary if you want to split the ladder to make the trusses for the work plank. I ended up buying a package with the work platform, level leg, and stabilizer. I have found found all three indispensable. The wing stabilizer allows you to reach out further without affecting balance so you’re moving the ladder less and performing fewer risky moves. We’re in the process of stripping the paint off the outside of our house and found the little giant to be great and versatile, but better with the aforementioned accessories plus the extendable work plank.

4. @Toolhearty:

I have the same question. I would think it would just be a matter of having the same rung spacing as Little Giant Ladders.

If you go to the Little Giant website with the link in the post and click on the more pictures button, you’ll see in the bottom picture that there’s a lip the catches on the higher rung. It’s not easy to see at the angle the picture is taken.

5. Toolhearty says:

Benjamen Johnson Says:

Ah. Thanks, Ben. I see what you’re saying (for anyone else looking, keep in mind that the black strip is the bottom edge of the side of the platform). Looks like it would take some modification to use with a typical extension ladder with half-round rungs.

6. Esky says:

I have a LG Ladder and my only regret is that I only purshcsed one of the platforms. One to stand on and one to put on the other side when using as a stepladder for tools / paint cans would be really convenient!

7. Rubber Duck says:

LG makes a stand that attaches to the ladder that holds pail cans and some tools.Have one and it is great,

8. Brew says:

Home depot was closing these out a couple years ago for under $4. I ended up buying 4, but they were not even close to level on my non-little giant ladders so I either gave them away or chucked them, don’t remember.

Brew