Do you know what a good pair of fabric shears costs? It surprised the heck out of me the first time I borrowed my wife’s pair. I might have to pick up a pair of Fiskar’s titanium nitride Shop Shears for my shop so I won’t have to listen to that tirade again.

When you think Fiskars you don’t immediately think shop tool, but they’ve actually sold their Shop Shear for a few years now. They match ergonomic handles to TiN coated stainless steel blades which resist wear, scratches, and chemicals. The resulting shears will cut through fabric, cardboard, rope, wire, plastic strapping, Kevlar, and thin sheet metal, to name a few.

You can pick up the 8″ in pair starting at $11 and the 9-1/2″ pair starting at $16.

Fiskars [Corporate Site]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

Tagged with:

10 Responses to This Ain’t A Normal Pair Of Scissors

1. russ says:

I have a pair of their regular ones. I wish they were left handed though, well it’s a right-handed world. Great shears, been using them for 15 years.

2. Deelow says:

I got a pair of these and they worked great, but I the bottom part of the handle broke. Called up Fiskars they told me to take a digital picture and email it to them. Got a new pair of scissors in the mail 3 days later. I am forever a fiskars man now.

3. Alex M. says:

The “shop snips” are fantastic as well. Scissor theft has gone full circle in my house; my wife steals the snips to cut through stuff that scissors can’t handle.

4. fred says:

I like the Fiskars 9652 which has a round notch in one blade which is handy when cutting rope.

5. Ted says:

$16 is a pretty good price for a decent pair of scissors — I’ve yet to be sold on the merits of TiN (or any other miraculous surface finish) coating tough.

t

6. george says:

i got these and its great. has a cutout on one blade for rope and light wire.

7. Jon says:

I’m with you on this one Ben. When I was little, I made the mistake of borrowing my grandma’s expensive fabric scissors for cutting some paper up. Never thought that I’d hear the end of it.

8. Jerry Vandesic says:

I have the Fiskars shears in my shop, but what I really like are the Fiskars TiN snips:

9. Fritz Gorbach says:

I have both sizes of fiskars, one in shop and one in the truck. I like ted was not sold on the benefits of tin coating for these, and I havent used mine long enough or often enough to judge for sure yet, but they are great scissors, at close to a discount store price. I have cut paper, cardboard, leather, various gasket materials, and fiberglass matt and fabric, and they show no sign of dulling after about a year of intermittent use.

I too can vouch for the fiskars warranty. I bent the blade of a folding pruning saw when the kerf closed around it, straightened several times and each time it bent worse cause of the originalkink. I finallycalled fiskars and asked if I coulkd purchase just a blade, and they sent it to meat no charge because of the lifetime warranty.

BTW this is also a good reason to buyu craftsman yard tools. they honor the lifetime warranty on all those fiberglass handles that eventually will break or wear out. i think fiskars and craftsman are the only ons who do that with shovels and such

10. Great warranty, heavy duty worth every penny. I own both as well!