Just strapping your ladders down may not be enough — depending on the job site it might be advisable to secure them so they don’t walk away. With its adjustable slotted u-bar, Brink’s Ladder Lock may be what you need to secure one or two ladders to your vehicle.

A heavy-duty coating over the steel u-bar and the 3/4″ locking pin are weather resistant and protect your paint from scratches. A small bumper reduces vibrations and sway noise you may get when traveling at freeway speeds. You can use the included padlock to secure the ladders or any padlock with a 3/8″ diameter shackle.

Brinks Automotive manufactures the Ladder Lock (or at least lends their name to it), though they seem to be a bastard child of the Brinks Corporation since the corporation doesn’t see fit to actually give them a website. You might have to do a little searching to find the product, but you’ll likely pay around $30 when you do. For a little more, buy the ladder locks in pairs with identically keyed locks.

Ladder Lock [Lock City]
Ladder Lock [Keeper Corp]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

Tagged with:

7 Responses to Stop Ladders From Walking Away

1. Jason says:

I think this could be cut off just as easy as ladder tied down with chains with bolt cutters. Especially with that lock! Just my humble opinion…

2. Émile Essent says:

Or you can get a cheap bike lock. Probably more secure.

3. Toolhearty says:

Jason Says:

Something like this just “keeps the honest people honest”, as they say. At work, we use cables and padlocks to keep ladders where we put them. Without locking them down, even if they didn’t get stolen, they’d get “redistributed” (people would borrow them, use them somewhere else, and not bother to return them). Even though it would only take someone a few minutes to come up with a set of bolt cutters, they tend not to bother.

4. Toolhearty says:

Émile Essent Says:

Or you can get a cheap bike lock. Probably more secure.

Errr… Not always.

5. Shopmonger says:

I would use a Krypto lock but keeping the honest honest is a true concept…..

if they truly want it they will get it……..the harder it is the less likely they will do it….otherwise they would be doing a job…..

ShopMonger

6. Patrick says:

Best word I ever heard for borrowing something that will never make its way back to the original purchaser, a la a pack of cigarettes?

Socialized.

7. @Patrick:

Is that socialized as in ” I socialized my pack of cigarettes to to humans so it won’t bite, just like I did to my dog”, or is that socialized like socialism? 🙂