It took me forty minutes to find an online answer to a very simple question: what is the wheel bolt pattern for a 2006 Chevrolet HHR? Given the simplicity of that question, I’m either the world’s worst Googler or the Internet is a Biblical flood of poorly-checked information.

A $19 set of Commercial Forms’ wheel pattern gauges would have saved me the trouble. Normally I’d call a tool like their 15-piece set a waste of money, but less than $20 is hard to argue with. That cost is well worth the definitive answer this tool can provide, and the fifteen pieces cover thirty different bolt patterns. Strictly speaking, only workers at tire shops will get a lot of use out of these gauges, but I can see them dangling from the belt during a crawl around the junkyard. They could be just what you need to find a used, cheap disc brake setup compatible with your project car.

Wheel Gauges [Commercial Forms]

Tagged with:

7 Responses to Wheel Bolt Pattern Gauges

1. Jim German says:

Your google skills are quite lacking… Google “Bolt Pattern HHR” First hit, done, $19 saved.

2. Lex Dodson says:

Serves me right for using too many keywords and trying to confirm from three different sources. 5x110mm was the answer I came up with. Does that jive with yours?

3. Andy says:

If I don’t trust a first google result, I always use tirerack.com – search for wheels for your specific vehicle, then check one of those results.
    And yes, I got 5×110…

But it’s cool to know there are gauges available, and that they’re not too spendy!

4. Matt says:

why the ……. are there thirty different bolt patterns anyway??? Also why does a 13 mm wrench fit a 1/2 inch bolt head (19 mm = 3/4) why is the world so frustrating…grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

5. melvin says:

One key reason for different bolt patterns is to help prevent people using light duty wheels on heavy duty applications. So different bolt patterns for 1/2, 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. Or full size cars and compacts.

6. shopmonger says:

Yeah anyone heard of a ruler? So simple

7. Jim K. says:

Wait, is that an English, Metric or Political ruler?