You need a funnel to direct a wild-flowing fluid into a barely-accessible opening, but you also need two hands to steady and hold the fluid container. If you can get the funnel to wedge in place so you don’t have to hold it, consider yourself lucky — otherwise you either need a helper or a tool like the UniFunnel.

Made from a glass reinforced polyamide, the bright yellow Unifunnel resembles a pair of spring-loaded pliers. When you release the handles, four stabilizing prongs expand to grip any opening from 1-1/4″ to 2-1/4″. Then just insert any standard funnel into the adjustable rings and pour.

A single UniFunnel will run you $15 shipped. Note: Not advisable for beer consumption.

UniFunnel [Corporate Site]

Tagged with:

13 Responses to The UniFunnel Funnel Holder

1. Bob says:

I am convinced that the greatest human innovations happen when two very different areas come together. This looks like gynecology meets auto mechanics. 🙂 Brilliant!!!

2. Shopmonger says:

OB-GYN become OB-OIL………. oh wow………But totally useless

ShopMonger

3. kitty says:

I would rather have the warm touch of a gloved hand than this gizmo……..but thanks for the visual.

4. Rock says:

Um, no Kitty, thank you.

UniFunnel, I could use this.

5. Jaxx says:

If this is a problem for you day to day why not buy the correct sized funnel?

6. Geoff K. says:

Won’t that funnel actually fit within the opening below it? I always thought that was the whole purpose of a funnel to begin with. And I’m with Jaxx, just get the right funnel for the job. I wouldn’t use that funnel to then fill the radiator, unless I want motor oil in the cooling system…

7. Matt says:

@ Geoff K. yeah the funnel would sit nice in the hole but then no air would be allowed to escape causing the burping funnel effect (very slow when holding a heavy jug) funnels always work best when they let air in also.

That looks like one kick ass funnel to me.

8. Kieran says:

@ Matt – I doubt a funnel would sit very air tight, it would most likely be tilting a bit to one side and if it was dead on it wouldn’t maintain sufficient pressure against the rim to prevent air escaping. If that was a significant problem all funnels these days would be manufactured with an indent running from the spout to the top to allow air to escape.

9. Matt says:

@ Kieran – I’ve used a lot of funnels in my short years and yes they do sit in holes airtight (thanks to the slight taper of the pointy bit) I’m sure there’s some toolmongers out there that can back that up…..

10. kyle says:

what ever hapned to very carefully pouring in he first quart of oil then cutting off the bottom for use as a funnel

11. fred says:

Hey Kyle your right but:

What ever happened to oil cans that you punctured with a spout (maybe made by Plews) and then upended into the filler neck? When you were through you grabbed the spout by the end an whacked the can on the edge of a 55 gallon drum to pop it off – now there was an environmentally unfriendly oil change. To go one step further – no one had to take the used oil – so you either had to dump it – or find a car wash who took it to lubricate their drive chains.

12. Shopmonger says:

Yes Matt you are correct burping suck,…… it splashes oil everywhere which defeats the purpose of the funnel

13. Matt says:

I was about to give up…thanks