If Rust-Oleum’s claims about their Universal spray paint working on all paintable surfaces are true, you might be able to stop keeping a cabinet full of rattle cans for every type of surface. Wood, plastic, metal, concrete, glass, and vinyl are just some of the surfaces you can cover with this paint.

What’s more is that the Universal spray paint comes in a can with Rust-Oleum’s Advanced Delivery System which can be sprayed from any angle (read: you can actually spray it upside down). The new “ergonomic” grip with built-in drip guard will supposedly prevent finger fatigue and keep paint from dripping on your fingers.

The spray paint comes in primer, gloss, satin, flat, hammered, and metallic versions in a variety of colors. Cans run somewhere in the $6 to $10 range each.

Universal [Rust-Oleum]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

7 Responses to Universal Spray Paint

1. Rembreto says:

Bought a can a few weeks ago, the tip clogged within 30 seconds of first using it. Couldn’t clear it for nothing and you can’t replace the ‘fancy’ tip, so I had to throw away a $7 can of paint. I won’t be buying another can anytime soon.

2. Toolhearty says:

Speaking of tip clearing… Since it “sprays upside down”, so much for keeping the tip clear between uses by inverting the can and spraying until only gas comes out.

3. Charlie says:

It prevents finger fatigue, by fatiguing your WHOLE HAND. Not impressed.

4. Brau says:

I’ll be testing a can soon on my neighbour’s car where some surface rust has peeled the paint. I’ll be very interested to see how well it works.

5. kyle says:

the can sucks to spray so unless i hear about a major redesign that makes it easier to spray I wont use it any more

6. rick says:

its not foam safe…. learned that the hard way…. no clogging problems

7. Shopmonger says:

Love this product, used it on many occasions, never had clogging problems, but i do rinse out the tip with acetone each time…
    I would rather buy rustoleum for each type of material, for example their plastic paint is awesome……. but for around the house this is great

ShopMonger