With the Bench Slide Mount you can store your bench tools — like the vise and grinder seen above, or any other similar tool weighing up to 75 pounds — under the bench.  When needed, slide ’em forward and swing ’em up to the top of the bench.

Commerce Welding’s $98 Bench Slide Mount includes a rails system plus mounting, roller, and swivel plates.  It mounts to any workbench from 1-3/4″ to 4-1/2″ thick.

Bench Slide Mount [Commerce Welding]
Video [BenchSlideMount.com]

Tagged with:

6 Responses to Flip This! Bench Slide Mount

1. Chris says:

Probably OK for something like a grinder, but I’d wonder how much torque the vise mount could take. Certainly wouldn’t be as sturdy as mounting the vise directly to the workbench.

Another drawback of these is you have to keep free space under the workbench that could otherwise be used as storage. Again, for a tool like a grinder that doesn’t get used every day, storing it somewhere might be all right, but I don’t see how this is a big win for something like a vise.

Anyone actually used these and have experience with them?

cl

2. jeffrey immer says:

i made something similar, but much simpler i did not use fancy hardware, i was pleased but then i took it apart to do something else, but i think if i had used this hardware or atleast took a bit more time and planning it would have been great, i used it for my grinder, and hell no on the vise.

3. Toolhearty says:

Mand-i-ey? (see video)

Interesting, but somewhat pricey (the shelf mounts) at $100 bucks per tool.

4. Adam says:

In my shop, I got steel cabinets from a resturant. In one cabinet, there was a mixer stand that slid out, and moved up, and locked into place. Worked great for a bench grinder. I think I paid $100 for 20′ of base and 16′ of wall cabinets, all steel.

5. Brau says:

I know myself too well … either the table would be covered with tools and I’d have to move it all just to use a grinder, or (more likely) they’d just stay up all the time and I’d fill the cabinet with more tools.

6. MeasureOnceCutTwice says:

I mount a few of my tools to flat plywood bases – I store them on shelves, then pick them up & put them on the bench or on sawhorses, & clamp them in place if needed. Works well for chop saw & the like.