While it is assumed that most of our readers have outfitted themselves with a set of the common tools, this Denali 115-piece Home Repair Kit might be a good idea for those that haven’t.

The Denali kit includes a hammer, 4 pliers, 16 Allen wrenches, a ratcheting screwdriver with over 60 bits, 88 drill bits (but no drill), a utility knife and a pretty big bag to store it all.

On sale at Amazon for $45, the Denali Home Repair Kit appears to be practical enough for most basic home repair/home improvement jobs that appear on the weekly “honey do” list.

Via Amazon [What’s This?]
Street Pricing [Google Products]

8 Responses to Denali 115-Piece Home Repair Kit

1. kyle says:

I would’nt buy it because of the design of the vise grips-gives away poor quality

2. Michael says:

Even though we have tools—something like this might be a good idea for a “go bag”—I often wind up with an incomplete set of crescent wrenches, box wrenches, etc because one of my guys needs just one wrench for a project. When the project can be done in a day I have a good chance of getting the tool back, for those projects that take longer, not so good.

3. Tetsubo says:

Like most TM readers I have my own tools. Though as an apartment dweller I don’t have as many as I want. *sigh* But these ‘all in one’ basic kits can be very useful. I keep a cheap one in my car and it has come in handy a hundred times. My wife also keeps one in her car. Her kit used to be in her college dorm room though. And she was the only person on her dorm floor that had a tool kit. This made her both handy and popular. I recommend this type of kit for every college student and every young person moving out on their own for the first time.

4. Toolhearty says:

I agree with Tetsubo, looks like a reasonably nice kit for someone starting out on their own (like the kid going away to college). Do toss in an inexpensive drill with extension cord, though. Also, I hope there’s some sort of organizer for all those little bits.

I like that this kit is in a bag instead of one of those blow-molded boxes. The boxes prevent one from adding things to the kit as need be.

Of course, one might be able to just as well (price and quality wise) by going down to Harbor Freight, finding a decent bag, and tossing in the essentials.

5. Joe says:

Amazon sells a lot of Denali, and it looks like the typical cheap Asian crap.

6. Cordless Tool Batteries says:

Like everything in this life, you get what you pay for. Pay $45 and you get $45 quality (if you’re lucky). These kits are ok for non-diy’ers to have in the home to knock the odd nail in, loosen a screw here and there but if you’re serious about your handy work, get the best that you can afford.

7. Pete says:

Thanks for the great post. Good advice! I always thinking fixing up your home is a love hate thing. It can be extremely rewarding, but it can be a second job too. This was a great post though.

I stumbled upon this blog like I did yours. Thought it’s humor on home fixing might be enjoyable: http://burisonthecouch.wordpress.com/2009/12/31/our-house/

Thanks for the post! I’d love to see more like it.

8. Lexx says:

I purchased this tool kit & have had no issues! It is a great set to have for small jobs around the house, the hammer is excellent!I actually used a few of the tools to rebuild my closet! Worked just fine and my closet looks great! Mind you they are not “top notch” but they get the job done! Great kit for military wives ( army wife) especially when husband is deployed.