I haven’t seen an infomercial for the Little Giant BigTrexâ„¢ yet, so I assume it has at least a half-bazillion setups and uses. The price ($158 @ Amazon) seems a bit steep, but it does have those 6.5″ extra wide rungs, that No-Pinch Handle, the Airdeck Tool Tray, and it weighs a svelte 22 pounds.

So is this really better than that old clunky wooden step ladder you have in the garage (you remember, the last time you used it you slipped and hurt your Achilles)? Let us know in comments.

Little Giant BigTrex [Corporate Site]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

6 Responses to Hot or Not? Little Giant BigTrex

1. Dave P says:

If you use a ladder professionally, Little Giants are worth every penny. They are well made and engineered for safety and comfort. But for occasional homeowner use, it is hard to justify the expense.

2. Dave B. says:

I don’t know of anything that wouldn’t be better than a wooden ladder!!!

3. Coligny says:

Dave…

Pile of bricks… wood ladder is definately an improvement…

(been there done that… got lucky… won’t try again…)

4. JRuiz says:

I have had a Werner MT22 for a while, and the only thing I don’t like about it is how heavy it is (I’d say almost 50 Lbs), so this Little Giant BigTrex at only 22Lbs sounds very good.

5. Zathrus says:

This is just a standard stepladder, although with wider rungs. The weight is nothing special (and actually rather high for an aluminum step ladder that’s not quite 6′).

It’s unclear what kind of weight this is rated for, but a IA (300lb) 6′ fiberglass ladder is <$100, and a IAA (375 lb) is about $140. Go down to type I (250 lb) and it’s only $60.

As with most Little Giant products it’s really overpriced for what it does.

Oh, and I have a Werner MT-22 too… the weight sucks, but I knew that on the outset. I’d rather have it than have to store a second 8′ ladder AND a 22′ ladder.

6. Dave P says:

Have one of your employees step off a narrow rung and sprain his ankle, and suddenly paying extra money for a ladder that could mitigate the risk seems cheap.

Worker’s Comp = suck