Think your kid’s macaroni art proudly pinned to the refrigerator is the ultimate in child show-off material? You’re not even close, my friends. Check this little guy out. It’s not a joke and it’s not a trick: that is a three-year-old driving a small excavator.

I’ve never been so green with envy in all my life. I’ve seen adults that aren’t as good with a digger as this kid is. My biggest accomplishment at age three was not chewing on the dog and this youngster can drive heavy machinery. He’s going to throw the bell curve way the heck off in school someday.

If I were Caterpillar or Komatsu I’d throw a bucketload of cash at this prodigy and his dad right now and start a global campaign with a tagline that went something like, “Our machinery is so reliable and easy to operate, even a three-year-old can do it.” Or perhaps “Komatsu, for those born to dig.”

3-Year-Old Successfully Operates Heavy Machinery Video [TechEBlog]

6 Responses to A Kid That’s Born To Dig

1. Galadriel says:

Ah, your link isn’t working. I’d like to see that video, sounds great.

2. Sean O'Hara says:

My bad, try it now 🙂

3. heywood says:

lucky kid…

I woulda loved to been able to get in the cab of an excavator at 10, much less 3.

4. Barri says:

I would love to get in one and im 30 lol

5. Adam says:

How the heck did you get a video of me as a kid?

Ok, seriously. I was obsessed with heavy equipment as a kid. Now I get to run it occassionally for my job. Tonka toys are fun, but there is nothing like burning some diesel.

6. Dave says:

Can you just imagine how good an equipment operator that kid will be by the time he’s an adult? At 5 he’ll be able to dig a trench right next to a wall without damaging anything. At 10 he’ll be able to cleanly slip off a tire from a car’s wheel with the tip of a forklift. At 18 he’ll be able to gently but effectively scratch his underarm with the bucket of his back hoe. At 25, he’ll be using a 300 foot crane to silently swipe the little Jello pudding containers out his co-workers’ lunchboxes from 20 stories away. By the time he retires, he’ll be able to produce Mona Lisa-quality art, holding the brush in the claws of a logging grapple. In a hurricane. Blindfolded. Using his feet on the controls.