fathersdayloot.jpg

Father’s Day was this past weekend, and we’re curious: did the kids do all right? If you’re a dad or a proud offspring and would like to brag about your awesome Father’s Day gift, here’s your chance to do so. We always dig hearing about the sweet gifts that the family got for dear old Dad.

Of course if you got a light-up tie or the finest in last-minute shopping, that’s pretty fun to hear about as well. Just to make it more interesting, we’ll throw in a shiny new tool from the top of the Toolmonger shop pile to the lucky kid or dad who gave or received the best gift, and one to the most entertaining gift as well.

To get your chance at the ultra-fabulous grab bag prize, just comment on this post with your lucky Dad Day score and tell us a little about it. There’s no telling what the prizes will be, but I can say it will be better than a Striker Ball Light and less cool than a set of cordless tools from Paslode. So fess up and let’s hear it — you’ve got nothing to lose here.

24 Responses to Father’s Day Loot: Grab Bag

1. Joel Spangler says:

I got a pneumatic (air) impact gun…. I can’t use it because I don’t have any impact sockets, but I got the gun now. I wasn’t really expecting a gift at all because I’ve only been a father for 2 weeks – my baby boy was born on the 8th… gift was from my lovely wife.

2. Jeff Wyman says:

I got nuthin but a hard time from my 3 and 5 year olds. it was a pretty crappy day.

3. Kevin Y says:

For father’s day this year, I received not one, but TWO boxes of Nutter Butter bars! These tasty peanut buttery treats are perfect for a long day working in the garage – the clear plastic coating lets me see what snack I’m about to eat, in addition to providing a nearly impermeable protective layer against most contaminants found in the garage (hot motor oil and battery acids seem to be able to corrode the plastic. That’s ok though, with this plethora of treats, I don’t mind losing a couple to my projects.)

My family is great!

4. Zeros says:

I received a green polo shirt from my daughters….but I had already bought myself a Milwaukee M18 5 piece combo kit about a month ago that was my Father’s Day present. I can’t complain!

5. Wesley says:

Didn’t get anything as I’m not a Dad yet.

Got my dad a LED worklight.

6. matthew tillman says:

My monsters decided to jump on me to wake me up, I then spent the day mowing the law (it is HOT in San Antonio) refereeing my son (7) and daughter (6) while the wife complained how she was cramping from her period all day while napping most of it.

Father’s day rocks!

le sigh.

7. Deelow says:

My wife and daughter bought me the Evolution Rage Circular saw. I can’t wait for it to arrive so I can go post a comment on how well it works.

8. Tim C says:

No tools but I did get breakfast in bed which included a most delicious omelette the size of a Buick, an Oklahoma! DVD (yeah, I know that probably requires a mandatory revocation of my Man Card but in my defense, Shirley Jones was smokin’ hot back in the day!) and a 60-Day Prepaid WoW Game Card. They were all great gifts but the general theme probably means I need to get off my rear and get back into the workshop.

9. bajajoaquin says:

I’m in the unusual position of having my step father borrow tools from me (rather than the other way around). So when he saw my thumbwheel ratchets, I knew it was only a matter of time before mine found their way to his house. So, I made the first move, and bought him a pair (1/4 and 3/8).

10. Newguytoo says:

I got a handmade (computer-generated, afterall, it is 2009, and my daughter’s sixteen) card addressed to #1 Dad that reads:

You are such a great Dad. You always take me where I need to go without any thought about it. I had such a good time in Williamsburg and I appreciate every cent you spent, all the time you spent driving in horrible traffic, and, of course, being with you. What would I do without you.

FTW!

11. Stan says:

My right-hand helper around the shop (my grand-daughter who lives with us) got me (her) a shop stool for those times when I (her) need a rest.

12. Gary says:

My wife got me a laptop after describing as woodworking related. Technically, I can surf and buy stuff online, but I think this equates to me buying her a smooth plane for Mother’s Day.

Which would have been suicidal on my part.

During the spring it will be nice to surf on the deck.

Best part of the day was having my lovely bride bring me beer while I was playing in the pool with my 8 year old.

13. Travis says:

I didn’t get this one personally, but the best gift I heard about was a button that says “Go ask your mother”.

What I got for father’s day was a few hand tools and an unexpected reason to use them when water started showing up under the dishwasher .

14. Ed says:

I got a gift certificate for a new grill cover and cool pool card game that shows a pool table layout and the shot you need to make to get the points on the card. Overall a nice haul.

15. Keith says:

I got a picture frame made by my six year old out of popsicle sticks. It’s a little fragile but it is still the nicest frame I could have received.

16. Kevin says:

I had a great Father’s day, celebrated Saturday. My son got me a genuine Wisconsin summer sausage, yummmmm. While my wife and daughter were shopping they got me a job to do. I ended up at one of my favorite places, Home Depot getting an air conditioner for a friend of my daughters 81 year old mother and installing it and the one my daughter gave he in he house. 90 degrees and the sweat dripping off my son and I we got it done and the looks and the thanks received from that were one of the best presents. Oh, and the Costo membership my daughter got me wasn’t bad either.

17. apotheosis says:

I got some peace and quiet. The kids were actually nice to each other.

Poor dears, the strain nearly killed ’em.

18. Matt says:

I received a Ryobi 40cc 18″bar chainsaw for fathers day. Cranked right up and is only half as loud as my 40 year old Mcculloch chain saw. Weighs a lot less, and I am willing to bet it will crank while it is warm, unlike the Mcculloch.

I also got a homemade cheesecake from my lovely wife. All in all a great fathers day.

19. eric says:

Skeletool cx….. 🙂

20. Beans says:

I got Rock Band for our Wii. Almost as much fun as tools and hey, guitars are also called axes. It’s been a blast spending time with the kids belting out songs they’ve never heard before. The wife even has fun playing.

21. Jim says:

Scored a new tape measure. Awesome considering the kids have broken most of my other ones. (“Hey Daddy – Watch this”…. zzzzzziiiiip! Bang!)

Oh well, I wouldn’t trade my daughters for the world. Some days I feel like selling them to the gypsies though. 😉

22. Brian Collins says:

My 4 y/o son did great – I got to sleep in and I got hot muffins for bfast, along with a homemade garden stone with my son’s handprint in it. My wife and I got each other a Flip video camera as a family gift for Mother’s and Father’s Day. I’m busy making memories and it’s great!

23. Zathrus says:

@Jim:

Freaky… my wife and I use that exact same phrase (“selling to the gypsies”).

Got a Bosch Laser Rangefinder. Sweet!

24. Sean O'Hara says:

The “Loot bragging” has now been closed!