I’m not sure if the Hose End Safeguard (HES) is the solution to a problem I never had or a cheap way to make sure I never have the problem.  WenDan Enterprises claims the HES will save you money in the long run by protecting your stuff from scratches and saving you from having to replace the hose end.

The HES slips over the male end of the hose and protects the threads.  It also keeps the hose end from damaging your car, windows, or other property.  When you need to connect something to your hose you flip the cover back to expose the threads.  You can then flip the cover up again and it’ll direct any leaks from the coupling away from you.

You’ll pay $1.50 for one Hose End Safeguard, plus a little over a buck for shipping.  If it can just keep the dirt out of the threads it might be worth it.

Hose End Safeguard [WenDan Enterprises]

6 Responses to Protection For/From Hose Ends

1. Bart's Dad says:

Why not use the quick connect ends available at all of the big box stores.

2. David Bryan says:

I’d be interested in knowing the thought processes that resulted in this. It looks like the reversal of a common surgical procedure.

3. Michael W says:

Our problem isn’t that the ends get dirty, but that the ends get bent/crushed (necessitating their removal and replacement). Don’t think this product will help us.

4. fred says:

Michael W:

your asolutely right – dirt can be wire brushed out . Re-rounding a hose end you ran over with the van – isn’t so easy.

5. Bill says:

I agree with Michael W., a heavy heel or driven over connector on the driveway will spoil a brass fitting.

6. MeasureOnceCutTwice says:

Serious crush injuries are definitely the big quick killer, but what’s hit me more times is when the hose end gets dropped on the concrete – after a few times the threads are just not quite right any more – this might help.
    Having said that, I agree with Bart’s Dad – I use the brass quick connects. Problem solved, and much more convenient in use.