The Belt Bucket is another product designed to solve the problem of never having enough hands when you need ’em.  Rather than carrying paint in one hand and the brush in the other while you’re trying to hold yourself on the ladder with your knees, the Belt Bucket frees up a hand so you can steady yourself.

The hands-free Belt Bucket keeps both paint and brush at waist-level so they’re easily reachable at all times.  The makers claim it’s comfortable to wear and there’s no hand fatigue from holding the paint for hours.  The belt slips through the bucket and around your waist to keep the bucket upright — unless you bend over, of course.  A clip on the bucket holds either a brush or 4″ mini roller, and bucket liners make cleanup easy.

The Belt Bucket kit includes the Belt Bucket in blue, green, red, or yellow, a 52″ adjustable belt, brush clip, and one free liner.  From the corporate site you can purchase the kit for $25, plus $7 shipping first item and $1 each additional item.  WenDan Enterprises offers a better deal, $16 plus $4 shipping.

Belt Bucket [Corporate Site]
Belt Bucket [WenDan Enterprises]

14 Responses to Is That A Bucket On Your Belt?

1. Roscoe says:

I was wondering how I could splash more paint on my shirt and jeans when on a ladder, now I know.

2. JKB says:

I have a whetstone holder that slips on my belt when I’m using my scythe. You put a small amount of water in it to keep the stone wet. It is deep and the opening is very small. Still, I inevitably have a wet side at the belt level. This looks like a more efficient way to achieve that effect.

3. russ says:

Looks like the same model from the roller yesterday. So do we get the full view tomorrow?

4. Toolhearty says:

russ Says:
    June 4th, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Torso models are probably torso models for a reason. 🙂

5. David Bryan says:

That sure seems like a lot to pay for something you can make better yourself. Of course there are all those pretty colors. If I had to have something like that I’d maybe cut the top off of a gallon water jug and leave the handle to hang on a belt, but then I’ll cut up a water jug to make a drain cleaner so I’m partial to using them for whatever I can. I’ve got a lot more time than money.

• Mike says:

They are WELL worth the price, I have 2 and I’m not a paint contractor but I love them. Best purchase I made.

6. Larry Yang says:

A clean white shirt. And she’s modeling painting equipment.

7. river1 says:

at russ and toolhearty

if you go to the manufacutuer website for each of the product they have full pics of both “torso” models. they are different and while i like one more then the other they both are NOt just torso models

later jim

8. Ken says:

@ Larry Yang
    Yeah a white shirt . She is using white paint.

9. rg says:

“So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time … “

10. David Bryan says:

The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones. But this– blue, green, and red, too!

11. @ rg and David Bryan:

Sweet! You both deserve five bees for the reference

12. mda says:

I just stumbled across these posts from several months ago. So have any of you tried the Belt Bucket? I am a painting contractor of 14 years – my crews and I use Belt Buckets on all of our projects and have for the past 3 years. It eliminates juggling pails and tools up and down the ladder, and has increased our productivity (less bending and reaching.) I thought the paint might splash out, but if it works like the manufacturer claims then it will make our projects much easier – so I bought one. What I forgot to account for was the viscosity of paint . . . much thicker than water. It doesn’t splash and doesn’t spill when filled to suggested fill line nearly 1/2 full. Try it you’ll be surprised!

13. Mike says:

I’ve had one of these for at least 7 years…..the best purchase I ever made. It’s really nice especially when cutting wall to ceiling,indoor or outdoor trim, etc. your nice and steady. I even purchased a second one to keep in CA when I’m painting at my mom’s house I don’t have to take one with me. They are WELL worth the price which isn’t much anyway. Do yourself a favor and get one or 2, you’ll be glad you did.