Brush and roller cleaners like the one above have stood the test of time.  As a boy, I remember helping my dad clean his paint brushes by attaching them to the cleaner and pumping like mad inside of a bucket to spin them as fast as I could — I learned fast how big of a mess I could make without the bucket.

This model from Shur-Line features dual ball bearings and durable steel construction, so it’ll last many years spinning your paint brushes and roller covers dry.  I can’t actually find the product on Shur-Line’s corporate site, but they put their name on it, so I’m giving them the credit.

Shur-Line’s brush and roller-cover cleaner costs around $15 to $20.

Shur-Line [Corporate Site]
Street Pricing [Google]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

8 Responses to Shur-Line Brush And Roller-Cover Cleaner (Or How To Make A Big Mess In A Hurry)

1. Dave says:

When I first bought my house, my brother helped me paint several of the rooms that needed TLC. He brought one of these along and to me this is the best investment that you can make if you do any amount of painting. I have done a couple of side jobs painting family members houses and the first tool I went out and bought was one of these. It paid for itself on the first job. I found mine at the local Sherwin-Williams store for about $20-25. It is worth every cent of it.

2. Adon says:

I need to get one of these.

3. paganwonder says:

If you paint you need good brushes. If you have good brushes they must be maintained, therefore you need a brush spinner.

4. Brew says:

you can also give the roller wizard a try, I bought one when I built my home and it worked great. obviously just for rollers, not brushes, but it does what it claims to do.

Brew

5. Matt says:

Also, spend a few extra bucks and pick up an easy-to-clean lambswool roller cover. Combined with this spinner and you will have a like-new roller cover every time you paint that will last years (without a lot of cleanup time either).

6. Joe C. says:

For rollers, yes, GOOD brushes, no. Wash them with a comb and shake them out. Then, if you have to dry them quickly for reuse all you have to do is alternately pat the broadsides on a rag or paper towel (or your forearm) and they will be dry enough to use in one minute.

7. Gough says:

We’ve been using them for all of our latex rollers and brushes for almost 30 years. One great thing is that both rollers and brushes are ready to use again as soon as you’ve got them spun out. Brushes do need to be shaped afterwards, though, ’cause they are all “broomed out” after spinning. This tool and some good roller extension handles seem to be among the most widely overlooked accessories by DIY’ers.

8. Jim German says:

I guess its just me, but I have one of these and don’t really think its that great. It still takes a long time to clean the rollers, and I only used it on a brush once, and it didn’t work well on that either.