Amazon is selling this Milwaukee M-Spector Digital Inspection Camera for $105 with free Super Saver shipping.  It’ll help you inspect your engine, your stove flue, in-between your walls, or you could do home colonoscopy — ok, maybe not that last one.

M-Spector Via Amazon [What’s This?]
Street Pricing [Google]

11 Responses to Dealmonger: Milwaukee M-Spector $105

1. Rob Retter says:

The lowering of price is cuz they’re about to release the next version of it and these need to be cleared out of the pipeline.

2. Mitch says:

Anyone know what the new version will have? Is it worth the price cut to buy this one even knowing that? If I bought this, would I sit and stew about the amazing new features I missed out on? I seem to recall the original cost of these things were in the $250-300 range.

3. rg says:

Oh man! I’ve always wanted a bore scope for my job, but I never wanted to spend the kind of cash they were priced at. This is perfect. Has anyone used this model? Comments would be helpful. Thanks!

4. fred says:

Being plumbers at our initial core business – we naturally gravitaed to Ridgid See Snake equipment – for use in sewer lines etc. they have just come out with a number of enhancements to their monitors – but this size and cost equipment is probably outside of the homeowner category.
    We also bought some See Snake micros – with 17mm probes – then upgraded to 9.5 mm probes.
    I think we would have bought these Milwaukee’s instead had we seen them first. As I recall the Milwaukee specs they were better than the Ridgid micros.

5. Zathrus says:

As fred says, the Milwaukee specs are better than the Rigid’s — it has about 40% better horizontal resolution (240 vs 180) and the same size scope (3/4″). It lacks the accessories (mirror, magnetic pickup, etc), but for all I know they may be interchangeable.

Both are highway robbery for extensions ($50 for an additional 3′).

I’ve been wanting/needing one for 2 years though, so I jumped on this deal.

6. Trevor D. says:

There’s a “stove flue” now too? I’m staying inside for a month.

7. toolaholic says:

I have used both of these tools and had good results with both. However, the rigid broke on me twice. Same thing both times, the head of the tool (with the camera lens and light on it) just broke off once right in the wall, and on a different job, the new one I had, broke again, same thing. I switched to the milwaukee and have liked it a lot better. Rechargeable battery, zoom and a much nicer screen and button set up. I bought mine at Home D with a 12v driver for 250. Love the driver too.

8. Mitch says:

Since I’m highly susceptible to peer pressure, I joined Zathrus and I just got mine in the mail. It’s nice! The horizontal resolution over the Ridgid has got to be a major plus (I have not seen the Ridgid). It’s still a bit blurry as it is.

The 3/4″ scope size is a big minus. But for $105, I can’t complain too much. I’d really complain if I had paid $250 for it though.

My friend does endoscopy (he’s a doctor). His $50,000 Olympus is FANTASTIC as a boroscope!!! The big advantage is that the head on his Olympus is steerable. It’s got two thumbwheels by the monitor that let you maneuver the head in the xy and the z axis. I wasn’t willing to pay the original $250 price of the Milwaukee so the $50,000 for the Olympus was a dealbreaker for me 😉

9. Adam R says:

Mithc, that doesn’t sound like a tool you would want to buy as used.

10. Adam R says:

D’Oh

I meant Mitch, sorry about that. Wife came in and started talking as I was typing.