You pay a ton of money for a good crimper and it’ll only crimp one style of connector.  Knipex feels your pain, so with their MultiCrimp crimping pliers you get either three or five common, interchangeable crimping dies in a quick-change magazine.

Knipex makes all the stressed parts from a special steel, then oil-hardens and tempers them.  They calibrate each tool precisely in the factory so you’ll get repeatable, high-quality crimps each time.  Dual-color ergonomic handles let you crimp with either one or two hands.

You can quickly change dies without tools.  A round magazine securely holds the extra dies, keeps them free of dirt, and sports a belt clip so you can keep the extras close at hand.

Knipex’s MultiCrimp with three dies runs about $260 while the version with five dies runs about $340.

MultiCrimp [Knipex]
MultiCrimp w/Three Dies [Newark]
MultiCrimp w/Five Dies [Newark]

6 Responses to Knipex MultiCrimp Pliers

1. Justin says:

I bought this ratching crimper with 5 dies off of Amazon for about $70 bucks.

It doesn’t have the neat diagram showing which die to use for which fitting, but it has written descriptions.

I wish it had a faster way to switch out the dies than a screw through each one. Too bad they can’t pop in somehow.

2. Robert Blackmon says:

WOW $340, that’s never going to happen on my budget.

3. Jereme Green says:

Wow that is a lot of money for a crimper I cant see paying that much for this item Ill wait untill its on sale

4. Patrick says:

On sale? At that price I’ll steal it, post bond, and still save money paying the lawyer.

5. David Bryan says:

I googled “Ideal Crimpmaster” and the very first site I looked at has a frame for $43.25 and 11 different coax dies, a pin-and-socket die, and a 10-22 insulated terminal die for $26.50 each, and an RJ-11 or RJ-45 die for $42.75. I didn’t see a bare-terminal die there, which is what I use most on mine. Knipex makes some fine tools, but I think this one is not a very good fit for most folks. I’d be real careful about buying a European crimping tool and expecting to use it on U.S. sized wires and terminals. There are lots of different crimping tools available that would probably be a lot more useful and cost a lot less.

6. Old Donn says:

Knipex makes good stuff and I’m sure this fits that profile, but $340? I’ll make do with my “one size fits all.”