Sure, putting the vehicle in park and setting the emergency brake are supposed to keep it from rolling, but nothing gives you that warm secure feeling while you work under the vehicle like chocking the tires.  These portable wheel chocks fold to just 1″ high so you can take them with you in the trunk or under the seat.

You should only use these folding wheel chocks with cars and light trucks; they aren’t designed for larger vehicles.  Each heavy-gauge all-steel chock weighs 13oz and is finished with a corrosion-resistant enamel.  When extended the chock measures 4″ long by 3-1/2″ wide by 4″ high.

For $7 you can purchase a set of two folding wheel chocks, and buy yourself a little piece of mind for next time you’re under your vehicle on the side of the road.

Folding Wheel Chocks [SUV 4×4 Truck Parts]
Folding Wheel Chocks [Jack’s Tool Shed]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

7 Responses to Wheel Chocks: Better Safe Than Sorry

1. toby says:

These were stock equipment with the tire changing tools on late 80’s/early 90’s S-10 Blazers!

2. Dazrin says:

I think I got my set with some jack stands. Very handy to have around, I keep them in my spare with my tow strap and cables.

3. Turbobrick says:

The set that I have is “Nissan’ branded and presumably came with a late 80’s Nissan pickup truck.

4. Toolaremia says:

I have an old set of these that came with one of those compact hydraulic floor jacks and carrying case. Still use them.

BTW, it is possible to run these over. The will deform and the tops will flatten. Nothing a few minutes with a sledge can’t fix, and good-as-new. Don’t ask me how I know. ;-/

5. Brau says:

Also stock equipment on every 1969 Toyota Corolla. Sold the car, kept the chock!

6. Mac says:

Harbor Frieght, 5 clams. Less when on sale.

Have a set in every vehicle I own.

7. Old Donn says:

These were standard issue with the tire changing equipment on all the Chevy Astros, (4), I’ve owned. They didn’t fold up like the ones in the picture, but they did the job. I shouda shanghied a set from one of the wagons I got rid of.