Knipex’s concrete mesh cutter may look like a bolt cutter at first glance, but take a closer look.  The jaws open on the side of the very flat head, giving you better access to cut small-diameter rebar and concrete mesh in place.

Knipex makes the joints and blades from forged steel, oil-hardens and tempers the blades, and then induction-hardens the blade’s cutting edges to 62 HRC so the jaws can cut material up to 48 HRC.  You can replace the cutter head because Knipex bolts it to the handles.  They construct the handles from powder-coated steel tubing and slightly angle ’em to reduce fatigue.  Two-color non-slip grips cap the end of the handles.

If you need these cutters, you’re going to spend $180.

Concrete Mesh Cutter [Knipex]
Concrete Mesh Cutter [ACTool Supply]

8 Responses to Knipex Concrete Mesh Cutter

1. Chris says:

cl

2. JeremeGreen says:

This is a great tool I have used it a couple of times here in Jew Jersey

3. Old Coot says:

Just hoping that’s a typo in the second comment.

4. bartsdad says:

I’m not familiar with this particular tool, but I’ve NEVER been disappointed with any Knipex product. They build top notch gear.

5. MarcoMJL says:

This is very use full. Normally bolt cutters are used and usually are bulker to use for such small gauge. The length is easier on your back too. Just makes it easier for several multiple cuts.

Quote:”Why would you need to cut that mesh? I thought that stuff was for reinforcing the concrete, so I’m not quite sure what the guy in the photo is doing unless he’s just trimming some ends or something. Someone enlighten me 🙂

cl”

The reason to cut the mesh is cause it comes in sheets of 5’x10′ and when you doing a walkway or any other surface you need to overlap the mesh to tie in properly so if it was a 3′ wide walk, you cut 3′ long strips. Not to mention curves and such or the mesh rolls which are horrible.

6. paganwonder says:

The picture says it all- he is standing up-right. The savings in back pain makes the price cheap!

7. Chris says:

MarcoMJL: Thanks, didn’t realise the stuff came in rolls or sheets. I thought it was just laid out by hand.

cl