Straight from Dr. Frankenstein’s lab, these hemostats will help you hold on to smaller parts and keep fluids from spilling out of disconnected hoses.  I’m sure there are other uses for ’em, too — think legal, folks! Store ’em with the rubber gloves, dental mirrors and picks, and all the other medical tools that have made it into the shop.

This extra-long set from GearWrench includes a straight and a 45-degree model, each measuring almost ten inches long. The hemostats offer multiple stopping points so you can vary the pressure and the size of the opening. They’re made of a polished, corrosion-resistant alloy, and as with all Double X tools, the hinges allow the jaws to open wider than the handles.

The GearWrench Double X Hemostat set sells for about $45.

GearWrench [Corporate Site]
Street Pricing [Google]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

15 Responses to GearWrench Double X Hemostat Set

1. BG says:

Not quite the shop, but I won’t go fishing without a set of hemostats clipped to a belt loop.

2. Old Coot says:

I’ve got dozens given by a friend in the EMT business. They are really handy when working with small parts, soldering, etc. Wifey uses them whilst sewing and, as BG said, they are great hook removers.

3. T says:

They’d have to be pretty impressive for me to pay $45 for two. I think the last set I bought was 5 for $10, and $6 of that was shipping.

4. heywood says:

wow man, they have legal uses for those? far out!

5. Kris says:

When I go to the LA Country or Fresno Fair, there’s a booth there with a bunch of these things. I don’t remember how much, but they were a lot less than 2/$45.

It brings back memories of my wasted youth, when these things were all the rage as roach clips.

6. pruitt says:

Absolutely useful! I keep a set of syringes–perfect for injecting glue into a bad joint by drilling a small hole!

7. jimmyjames says:

wow man, remind me not to smoke any of pruitt’s joints

8. cc says:

>> I’m sure there are other uses for ‘em, too — think legal, folks!
    that was the first thing I thought of when I saw em too, haha.

9. Chris says:

Old Coot: if your friend has some spares, I’d be happy to pay for shipping on five or so.

cl

10. Chuck says:

OK – I hate to be an L7 about it, but what possible illegal uses are there for these?

11. Chris says:

Chuck: See above comments about joints and roach clips 😉

cl

12. bob says:

I’ve only seen single hinged ones at the fair, not these fancy double jointed ones.

13. paganwonder says:

These are much higher quality than the ‘disposable’ ones found at flea markets and medical trays- worth the money if you use them alot.

14. fritz gorbach says:

I always wanted to get the whole assortment ofdouble x pliers. Add these too the list.

15. fred says:

We ran into a different kind of foreceps when tring to fish out a small spring down an impossibly narrow hole. It’s called an Ear Polypus: