Reader Eqqman built this sweet gun cabinet for a theater production.  We’re not sure if the guns were real –- we’re assuming not, judging from some of the hardware collected around it –- but the cabinet looks pretty real.

One thing it’s missing, if the iron in the case be working firearms, is a lock on the door.  Of course, a swift boot through the glass can render the subject of cabinet locks completely academic — also, we understand it’s mostly for show.

Toolmonger Photo Pool [Flickr]

6 Responses to Flickr Pool: Theater Production Gun Cabinet

1. Ted M says:

“Of course, a swift boot through the glass can render the subject of cabinet locks completely academic”

Or the sticks of dynamite on top of it.

2. Brice says:

Uhh, a gun safe is the doors to the building. That way the safe is between you and the bad guys and not between you and your guns.

3. Eric Hart says:

It’s very cool to see one of my props on this website!
    Of course none of the guns are real. Many of them are very realistic replicas, (some even have removable clips) but none of them are, or ever were, capable of firing any sort of ammunition.
    Also, the glass is actually 1/4 inch plexi – it is theatre after all!

4. Andy Leviss says:

Whoah, talk about small worlds….it was a surprise to come home to do my regular perusal of the blog, and see the set of the show I’m currently working on (I’m the sound engineer)! I can vouch that it looks even better in person.

5. Turner Joy says:

Looks really nice, it really probably doesn’t matter but most cabinets like this I’ve seen have cabinet doors on the bottom that also lock.

6. Kyle says:

This is knock off of my Model #1612 Oak Gun Cabinet. If you would like one like it or another design please call me at 1-800-543-5390 or visit http://www.guncabinet.net manufacturing guns cabinets since 1954.