I own my share of bit sets — a few mismatched sets and even a couple of complete ones — but they never seem to be in the right place when I need something different.  This Leatherman Bit Set includes all the bits you’ll need for your Surge, Charge, TTI, or Wave, all in a nylon sheath you can wear on your belt.  I know some Toolmongers aren’t fans of the “Batman look,” but if I’m working on a job, I’d rather look like Batman than be running back and forth to wherever I left my bits.

The set comes with 21 double-ended bits, for a total of 42 bits — you should be covered for most types of fasteners. The wide assortment of bits includes hex, Phillips, straight, Pozi, Torx, and even an eyeglass screwdriver.  The bits are made from good old steel with a zinc coating to resist corrosion.

The bit set sells for about $13.

Leatherman [Corporate Site]
Street Pricing [Google]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

6 Responses to Leatherman Bit Kit

1. Kevin says:

As of note, these bits will fit in any Leatherman that has either their proprietary bit driver, or just a bit holder built into it. I use this set with my skeletool while at work.

~Kevin

2. mike says:

I have a charge XTi and a full set of these bits fit in the original sheath behind the tool itself (there’s an extra elatic pocket). Once I got used to being the nerd that carries a set of forstner bits everywhere I go, it pretty much eliminated the need to run back to the vehicle for tools when unexpected jobs come up.

3. Ken says:

to all the people who are on the edge of buying one of the leatherman tools, go for it. I got one before moving to southeast asia, and it’s been the best investment I could have made. I’ve done everything from fix/ tune motorcycles to saw up small trees with it. much more useful than the gerber multi-toy. only complaint is that it’s difficult to get dirt out, but I finally made a new tool for that- a hypodermic needle threaded and fed into a tapped baby oil bottle. small enough to get into the cracks and squirt the crud out with.

4. frank says:

I hate proprietary tool systems in general for a number of reasons.

What I don’t like about Leatherman’s bit system iis that it cannot accept standard 1/4″ insert bits. The Leatherman’s are a little slimmer, but how much extra weight do you save in the tool with these things?

Also, in the largest bits like the big Torx, the bit grips the fastener on only two sides instead of six.

5. ambush says:

Hey no fair, my bit kit came with black bit holders.

6. Nikolas_A says:

Just grind the sides of an extender to the proprietary leatherman shape (actually a flattened 1/4″hex)and you can use standard bits (at standard prices) in the extender…