The Horsepower Shop is selling a gallon of WD-40 for $10.59, which was the lowest price we found, but we assume shipping’ll be somewhat high.  The next lowest price was at Lowe’s for $13.97 which would probably make more sense if you have one in your area.

WD-40 Gallon Can [Horsepower Shop]

10 Responses to Dealmonger: Gallon Of WD-40 $11

1. Jason says:

I think the can would rust out long before I could use that much WD-40.

2. gt says:

*shudder* keep that stuff away from my bicycles.

3. Rob says:

I use WD-40 as a lubricant when I machine AL and go through a gallon pretty quick. I also use it to clean rusty items and it works well for that as well as keeping the rust off better than nothing until I can properly refinish them.

4. KMR says:

We use WD40 quite liberally when machining items, as a general purpose low cost lubricant… also as Rob mentioned it is a cheap effective anti-rust coating for short term storage.

5. Jonboy says:

I have to plead guilty to gt’s concern.

I bought a gallon can of WD-40 20 some years ago and just left it in the garage. I’d use it from time to time, and keep a pint or so in a small spay bottle (works just about as good as the aerosol cans, and it’s cheaper to boot!).

I never really thought much about it until about a year ago I noticed a small puddle under the can. Sure enough, the can had rusted out. (Who would have thunk it!) I only had about a pint left in the can, but I had to find another container for it.

I’m not sure if keeping WD-40 around long enough to rust out the can is something to be proud of, or if I should be embarrassed that I don’t go through it faster.

6. Steve W. says:

I would bet that the can of WD-40 didn’t rust OUT, but rather rusted from the outside-in, from moisture in the air attacking a seam.

7. MattM says:

Well, yeah. Then the WD-40 came OUT.

8. Jerry says:

WOW! This is definitely NOT A DEAL! I went to the site, put one gallon of this in the cart to see the shipping cost! $148.61 for freight shipping! Seriously! Here’s the link to check for yourself!http://www.thehorsepowershop.com/cart.php

9. Joe says:

How much is a gallon of kerosene where you live?

10. kyle says:

If you paint the can with whatever spray paint you have laying around the can would last longer