I almost jumped for joy when I saw this:  Pelican is making a toolbox now, the 0450!  Since the late ’70s they’ve been making some awesome waterproof, drop-proof, hardcore cases that can go where other boxes can’t, so this should be the Holy Grail if you’re looking to build a custom “go-to” toolbox.

You can carry almost any tool under the sun in this case, and did I mention it’s mobile?  With some of the solutions they demo on their site, this could be a great way to keep your tools organized and safe.

As Ford said, you can have any color you want, as long as it’s black.  At $500, I’ll admit it’s a bit expensive for this size toolbox, but come on, it’s gonna last a lifetime.  For the level of organization you can achieve with this setup, I think it’s worth looking at — especially for those of us who need to take obnoxious amounts of our tools with us.

0450 Toolbox [Pelican]
Street Pricing [Google]

6 Responses to Pelican Makes Toolboxes Now

1. Davo says:

Awesome…I love Pelican products!

2. Fabian says:

Uhh.. it’s not that big.. you can get a good strong plastic toolbox that will last a long time at home depot for 20 bucks.

F.

3. Bryan says:

I use allot of Pelican products and the sticker shock always hits me on every purchase. But I have NEVER had a regret with a single one (I own at least a dozen).

At $500 it is a big bill for what is a tool box. But I have allot of expensive specialty tools that would double the price in less than two drawers, so its not THAT expensive.

Lets face it, its not for a general contractor or in house mechanic. But if you need to travel or fly, I think this will be on the short list for essential tools.

It also should be mentioned that Pelican has a no question asked guarantee. And its no BS, real deal folks.

4. metis says:

oh unholy flying monkey gods i want one. do i need one? not really, but if i was still working in audio engineering i’d buy one in a heart beat.

if you have something you need to protect from dust and water these folks are the way to go. now, wrenches? they can get wet, but a good multi meter, or microphone, i’d like to keep them dry and clean.

5. Eric says:

I, still working in audio engineering, want one. I want one to have my babies.

6. Harley says:

Like many audio guys on the road I work with I never need an excuse to purchase another Pelican case. This having a bit more features than the conventional Pelican I would want some hands on experience with it before purchasing.
    I always have an intended purpose when I buy a Pelican case, but eventually the case gets used for things I never thought of.