A fireplace creates nice ambiance, but the mess left behind can be a nuisance to clean;  the fine, light ash can fly all over the room if you’re not careful how you remove it.  To address this problem the Love-less Ash Company designed the Cougar Model MU405 Ash Vacuum — it’ll remove warm to cold ash from wood stoves, pellet stoves, fireplaces, and barbecues, and do it quietly.

To prevent damage to the vacuum by warm coals or embers, Love-less makes the vacuum’s 5′ hose flame-retardant and the primary filter fire-retardant.  The patented double-filter system keeps the ash in the vacuum and out of the air.

This vacuum may not be for everyone, but if you’ve every had to clean ash from your furniture after getting it all over the room you might find the $250 price tag worth it.

Cougar Ash Vacuum [Love-less Ash Company]
Street Pricing [Google]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

7 Responses to Vacuum Your Fireplace

1. Gene says:

I did this once years ago with my plastic bodied Shop-Vac. While I was vacuuming, I noticed that there were still some small glowing embers that were being sucked up. Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to put the Shop-Vac out on the back porch for the night. I went out the following morning to a pile of ashes sitting on a puddle of plastic. The only part of the Shop-Vac that was still intact was the casters that rolled the unit around! Lesson learned.

2. russ says:

Just be careful, do it the old fashion way and save $250 for another cool tool

3. Shopmonger says:

I use my shop vac for this all the time…..
    Step 1. Make sure no burning embers……. stir them around first
    Step 2. Use a vacume Bag……so oyu can throw it away when done
    Step 3. Blow out vacume filter when done, to get rid of fine dust that makes it inneficient
    Step 4. Get bottle of wine
    Step 5 Get pretty girl
    Step 6. (cannot be written on this blog)

4. Chuck Cage says:

Shopmonger FTW!

5. Greg Smtih says:

When I vacuum up ashes with my shopvac, I get excessive static electricty being generated in the hose.

6. AVEbrahimi says:

It’s a must for everybody with fireplace to watch out embers.
    Last week I vacumed the fireplace, and the vacum start burning internally, because of some live embers!

7. Brau says:

I use my shop vac to do this, but I use a special very fine filter as ashes can get through normal ones and ruin the motor bearings. And oh yeah … I only do it STONE COLD!