My 7″ water-cooled tile saw sprays more water on me and on the ground than it does on the cutting surface, so I’m eager to step up to Craftsman’s 18” Laser Tile Saw.  The laser helps guide your cuts through ceramic, marble, or granite tile, and the saw cuts over the project, like a radial arm saw, so it’s easy to see where you’re going.  It comes with an extra saw blade and a stand with legs that fold up so you can roll the unit to your next job site.

The Craftsman 18” Laser Tile Saw sells for $300.  You can always rent one, but if your projects run as long as mine — several weeks or more — it’s cheaper to buy.

Tile Saw [Sears]
Street Pricing [Google]

6 Responses to Craftsman 18” Laser Tile Saw

1. PutnamEco says:

Hey, that doesn’t look like a laser saw. That looks like a regular saw with a laser guide.
    I want my laser saw to actually use a laser to do the cutting. Now that would be cool, never having to buy diamond blades again.

2. Daniel says:

Well, besides the color, that looks exactaly like:

and

The QEP at Lowes uses 8″ blade, harbor freight uses 7″ on what appears to be the same saw.

The Harbor Freight one can be a lot cheaper if you combine sale price+coupouns.

Ignore the “15 HP” on the lowes website, I think they forgot a decimal.

3. aasfdsadf says:

one really bad review on the sear’s website. Too bad, I wouldn’t mind buying a decent tile saw. I’ve rented one from home depot so many times I’m sure I could have bought this one twice over. Anyone have a recommendation for a decent saw that doesn’t have the supposed craftsman’s deficiencies in this price range?

4. fred says:

I see Target Tilematics being used by my tile/marble sub – all the time.
    We have an MK that he skoffs at.

5. Kevin says:

It is incredible what you can achieve with a good tile saw. This has been helpful but I will keep looking to be able to compare the available machines. Thank you for posting this.

6. Dani says:

Target or Husvarna are the two best wet saws i have ever worked with but are expensive.Should be less expensive