With Jet’s vacuum gun in your air tool arsenal you can vacuum with your air compressor instead of digging out the shop-vac — no electricity or extra cords required.

The lightweight die-cast aluminum gun comes with an 8″ pickup tip and an 8′ hose that directs the debris into a zippered vacuum bag.  You can also configure it as a blow gun.

For around $40 you get the air gun, extended tip, hose, and vacuum bag.

Vacuum Gun [JET]
Street Pricing [Google]

Tagged with:

12 Responses to Vacuum With Your Air Compressor

1. Shopmonger says:

OK So i had trouble thinking of a reason tosue this…..until i think of water…..

But the bad seems soft…….any other ideas….

2. KMR says:

A few years ago I made something like this, although MUCH MUCH smaller.

I had to drill a hole into an engine block oil gallery at the race track, no time to stripe the motor down, drill the hole, clean the block and reassemble – that would have just not worked in terms of time. So the only solution to removing debris was to use some very thin poly tubing, a juicebox straw (really thin) and the air blow gun to rig a vacuum. The juicebox straw is nice an thin, allowing me to get into the hole and suck out any debris that got into the block.

Worked great, took 10 minutes to make…. was able to get the customer’s car into the race, tore down the motor at the end of that season -didn’t see any signs of debris getting passed to the bearings.

3. Pencilneck says:

A couple of my co workers have something like this, but there isn’t a hose, the cloth bag is directly attached to the body. We use them to vacuum out leaves and grit from air intakes when doing swapping out air filters. I like the hose so that the cloth bag wouldn’t be right there in your face because dust does pass though. Plus the body isn’t made of plastic like the ones my co workers have. I think I’ll be getting one of these.

You won’t detail a car with it, but to do quick spot vacuum in odd places, they are great.

4. BC says:

I can see this being handy around the shop, if it were rigged up on a fiber drum instead of a bag. I have constant troubles with shop-vacs, the messes I make clog the hoses. Can’t use a dust collector cause there are metal chunks involved. Oh well.

5. Brew says:

I think this would be handy too. It is much easier to grab my hose from the hose reel than pull out the shop vac.

Brew

6. Brad Justinen says:

these are way cheaper at HF

7. Jim says:

You can use in a confined space where a spark could create a problem. Imagine using a shop vac in an aircraft wing. With the fuel tanks in the wing, you do not want a spark near, so you would halve to have a electric shop vac with a very long hose, away from the wing. Inconvenient and not very maneuverable. This vac would do the trick.

8. tinbender2 says:

Air vacs are pretty useful to get metal shavings out of confined areas, like aircraft. I have several models, including this one.

This one doesn’t get used much because the nozzle is too big to get into tight areas and the grip also restricts access. The suction is not as strong as suck-vacs with 1″ or smaller nozzles.

My suck-vacs do not have any type of grip, and I have modded mine to have very long and very narrow flexible nozzles, using clear tubing. They can be found in most aviation tool catalogs.

9. Rocki says:

Have used these for years as a machinist & LOVE them.

10. I’ve made ones myself similar. Although not as much suction using air as a siphon for suction vs a shop vac, they are handy around our dump trucks and various heavy equipment to keep the cab clean and on-board air is always there.

11. Amit says:

I entreaties is vecuam gun

12. gars says:

is it good for remove grease