Reader Engmike8 posted up this image of his no-nonsense shop. This is what folks mean when they say “bare bones” — there’s no frilly crap lying around, just stock and tools.  We have to give a head nod to that kind of thinking.

However, if that’s a shop heater tucked up in that corner I have to say I’m a bit jealous. After the last few weeks of layered clothing and frosty fingers I admit that I’d prefer to sissy out and go inside and watch tool shows for awhile.

Toolmonger Photo Pool [Flickr]

7 Responses to Reader Shops: Engmike8’s Shop

1. That looks like an air cleaner in the upper right corner not a shop heater.

2. Lungofish says:

Yeah, it look like a jet air filter to me.

3. engmike8 says:

Yeah that’s an air filter. I had just set my shop up when I took at picture, its pretty messy now that I’m using it. No heaters, I just wear a fleece…

4. engmike8 says:

Thanks for posting comments on it though! I’m open to suggestions. I’m building a bookcase like in your howto post right now (finishing it this weekend, will post a picture)

5. Shopmonger says:

I looks nice, we all start somewhere, and it ook me years to figure out the layout and what i wanted……

besides it is what you produce, not what you produce it in

6. Michael W. says:

Looks like my shop, prior to me bumping out the wall (well quite a bit cleaner). I still use my identical yellow metal saw horses (along with a piece of 3/4″ ply) for an additional bench space.

7. MKram says:

Hope he’s got a full-size dust collector somewhere else in the shop – I didn’t have either during a hardwood floor install and coughed sawdust for weeks.