Craftsman’s Non-Skid Drawer Liners provide excellent grip — the extension bars don’t even roll around when I open the drawers.  And since the liners are resistant to acid, gas, oil, and solvent, they’ll keep your tools safe.

I recently bought another upper and lower chest since things were getting too crowded.   I’d used three types of liners in the past: the traditional foam liners, the generic plastic grid type, and the 1980’s shag carpet. The foam and plastic grid liners are better than nothing, but the tools still roll around if you aren’t careful. The shag carpet actually works great, but it looks funny, and the Stanley Steemer people won’t touch it.

Pre-cut sets of Craftsman’s drawer liners start at $16 — if you want to cut your own, the rolls are $22.

Craftsman Drawer Liners [Sears]
Street Pricing [Google]

10 Responses to Craftsman Non-Skid Drawer Liner

1. techieman33 says:

Let me start off by saying that I have these since they came with my tool box. But there is no way I would pay for them at such a huge markup. You could go to any store and buy the same liners for probably a third of the cost.

2. Jbullfrog says:

These mats are great for wrenches, but don’t store plastic handled screwdrivers on them. They melt each other and weld themselves tight!

3. Pepster says:

Ripoff

Go to a job lot store, or some other bargain basement, ands you can find cheap shelf and drawer liners for a few dollars a roll. You get choicce of coloers and patterns, and it’s nowhere near the rediculous prices craftsman charges ofr the same thing.

Make a template from cardboard and cut to size with a utility knife in about ten minutes. Spend the money you just saved on beer.

4. KMR says:

Ikea sells solid silicone kitchen drawer lining material in a roll that is about 24×48″ long for about $5 a roll. Cuts really easy, works great, is pretty darn chemical resistant and is easy to clean.

Some of the linings are perforated, so they have open holes in their surface… dirt and junk gets in these holes and is hard to keep clean. The solid linings are much easier to keep clean.

5. Toolaremia says:

Wow! This used to be a lot cheaper!

I bought the roll probably 4-5 years ago for ~$10 and lined my big Craftsman tool chest with it, and I think it’s great. Tools kind-of sink into it a little which keeps them in-place when I open and close the drawers. Never had problem with Craftsman screwdrivers sticking to it.

For $22, I’d shop elsewhere. I’ve recently seen the exact same stuff except in white sold at WallyWorld as kitchen drawer liner for something like $5 a roll. That would be the way I’d go now.

6. DaveD says:

I bought some rolls of this stuff from Harbor Freight ($5.99).

7. Shopmonger says:

Dollar Store……………in the kitchen isle

8. Rob says:

If all else fails, fabric stores also carry the stuff.

9. Fabian says:

Dollar Store is right. I lined all my tool drawers, about 15 of them, with only 5 bucks.

F.

10. Cameron says:

Yoga mats. I picked them up at Ocean State Job Lot for $5 each.