Cut a 2″ knockout in four seconds flat with the Maxis Max Punch.  Rather than using hydraulic ratcheting, the Max Punch harnesses the power of your standard cordless drill to pull common punch dies together to quickly and accurately cut knockouts in electrical panels.

Operating the Max Punch is simple.  You first drill a pilot hole in the panel box.  Then put the draw cup over the Max Punch’s draw stud, insert the draw stud into the pilot hole, and screw the die cutter onto the end of the draw stud.  The drill powers the Max Punch to draw the die and cup together.

You’ll pay a little over $500 for the Max Punch alone, a little over $800 for the Max Punch with a set of 1/2″ to 2″ dies, or $1,200 for the entire kit which also includes a step drill bit, 2″ to 4″ dies, and a Maxis conduit layout tool.

Max Punch [Maxis]
Max Punch [Cable Tuggers and Pullers]

Tagged with:

8 Responses to Fast Knockouts

1. Tom Jackson says:

If you have to drill it, is it still called a knockout?

2. Steve W. says:

The hole is a “conduit connection port” and the thing that comes out and leaves the hole is a slug. Right? Maybe?

3. rob says:

put a 1″ socket on your 18v cordless impact driver and run you greenlee slug buster or any other KO tool with that just about as fast and about $495 cheaper after you buy adapter and socket I have done as big as 3″ KO with my makita 18v cordless impact

4. The Motts says:

I’ve done what rob suggests. Sure is noisy, though.

5. joe says:

i’m a commercial electrician and i do the same thing rob mentions. of course wearing ear plugs is always recommended. if the metal is real thick, you need to step up incrementally or you’ll smoke your motor.

i can’t imagine this product will last as there are much cheaper ways to go.

6. David Bryan says:

I’ve got a something-like-this I bought on ebay for I forget how much, but I think I could’ve got about ten of them for this price. I like it all right, but then I’m old and feeble. And I have tender ears.

7. heywood j says:

I don’t know how this is better than greenlee’s quickdraw…for 1200 you could buy a brand new quickdraw set (up to 2″) and have $400 left over for more tools.

Maxxis makes nice stuff, and they have a tugger that uses a milwaukee superhawg that works pretty good but quite pricey imho.

8. Steve Massa says:

be careful using a 1/4 drive impact w/ 3/8 or 1/2 square drive adapters to drive knockout punches. the adapters will eventually shear off and remain stuck in your impact’s hex chuck. I use a 1/2 drive makita lxt with no problems