All2ools.com is selling this Stanley precision screwdriver set for $3.45, but it’s available almost everywhere so you can probably save shipping by buying at your favorite local store.

I bought this set for my six-year-old son, expecting that he’d destroy ’em (they are made in China) as fast as the sets you can buy at the Everything’s-A-Dollar Store — but they held up so well, I bought another set for myself!  The well-made tools come in a handy folding case.

Stanley Precision Screwdriver Set [All2ools.com]
Street Pricing [Google]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

7 Responses to Dealmonger: Stanley Precision Driver Set $3.45

1. jeremiah says:

i’ve got a set of these; they’re really good.

2. Beans says:

I really like the Husky precision screwdriver sets. They run about $6 each for phillips/slot combo or the torx and all the bits fit in the handle if you remove the insert. 16 different bits in all.

Phillips & slotted

Torx

3. Josh says:

FYI- all2ools.com has a $25 min and “Orders placed that fall below the minimum will be invoiced at $25.” – all2ools.com shipping policy and it doesn’t say how much shipping is.

You’d better be ready to buy a few sets at those rates

4. Joe says:

I don’t know about the Husky, but Lowes/Kobalt sells a similar product–I recommend avoiding it like the plague. Although the bits themselves are good, the handle is sub-par. The bit you’re using is too loose in the driver, the handle is too bulky (IMO for “delicate” screwdriver), and when you pull out the plug that holds the extra bits, it often comes out in two pieces, leaving the bits inside. Not very impressive.

5. Beans says:

Yeah, I tried the Kobalt set and took it back immediately. One of the worst tools I’ve ever had the misfortune of using.

In addition to the problems you mentioned, the cap on mine was near impossible to get off without using pliers. The rubber grip section was also a bad idea as it moved around a lot during use. I also found that I didn’t like the aluminum handle.

The Husky set isn’t perfect but it doesn’t suffer from all the problems that plague the Kobalt design.

6. Dan says:

Amazing. I have the identical set but they are orange and say “Harbor Freight” on them.

They are absolute junk, FWIW.

7. Coach James says:

I have the Stanley set and they have worked well for me.