Every so often we come across an image in the photo pool that makes us sit bolt upright and proclaim, “I need that!” This nail gun cabinet from Toolmonger reader 1200tec is just such a photo.

This cabinet is not only a good design but it’s cheap, simple to build, and great-looking — if you’ve been following along with our building policies, you know that this is all four food groups.  He even topped it off with a healthy dose of exactly-the-right-size-for-your-gear.  We take our hats off and raise a glass to your worthy project, sir.

Toolmonger Photo Pool [Flickr]

9 Responses to Flickr Pool: Reader-Built Gun Cabinet

1. Gene says:

Beautiful! My big problem is that I don’t have that many nail guns, so I’d have to buy several to properly equip mine, and there goes ‘cheap’ right out the window.

2. fred says:

I also agree that it is a beutiful home shop solution.

We take our nailers out into the field.
    We have a few in cases – but have set up Knaack Boxes with bins to both store and transport them together in an organized manner:

One of our larger storage boxes has this inventory:

GREX P635 PINNER
    BOSTITCH SB150SLBC-1 CAP STAPLER
    BOSTITCH 650S4 WIDE CROWN STAPLER
    BOSTITCH MIIIFS FLOORING STAPLER
    HITACHI N5024A ROOFING STAPLER
    MANGONE RB-6 PEX STAPLER

3. Bob The Drywall Guy says:

As paris hilton was oft to proclaim… “That’s hot”

4. Joe says:

He needs to make sure that the all of the magazines are empty, and the the cabinet is locked and no children have access.

Maybe it should be made of cast iron!

But seriously, nice job.

5. Roscoe says:

I think this guy must have a special fear and loathing of hammers!!

But seriously, nice job!!

6. Barry says:

I think it’s a nicely built, good looking, cabinet, but it uses an awful lot of space what what it stores.

With a tad more thought, and still leaving the same space for sundries, the same amount of stuff could fit in 1/4 the space.

7. BC says:

I’m going to take a different perspective and say that it was a pretty good use of some wall space that appears to be of not much use otherwise. Plus, if the builder was thinking like I am, there’s extra room in there for more fun stuff.

8. paganwonder says:

Great cabinet! I think I’ll add a charging station for cordless tools. Also, I’ll add a lock (not for the kids’ safety- they’ve been shown the ‘abilities’ of nailers and they’ve used them enough to no longer be curious- tool awareness is the best safety device in the shop) to prevent my brother-in-law from borrowing(stealing?) my hard earned nailers!

9. Shopmonger says:

Joe Says:

January 27th, 2009 at 5:50 pm

Maybe it should be made of cast iron!

But seriously, nice job

Ok these are not weapons and magazine ? not loaded? Ok if my children are smart enough to get one of these out, fire up the compressor, then attache one of them to the hose…by then they will know how to use one properly….. GUN FEAR? ARA? This cabinet is sweet. Great job. I agree…..more room for more toys