This looks like a unicycle gone bad, but it’s actually a snow-shoveling innovation called the Wovel. The Wovel simplifies your snow-removal tasks by harnessing the powers of the lever and wheel.  It’ll also help save your back since the Wovel primarily uses your arms and legs to move the snow.

With the large handle you can push the machine with both hands, and you can adjust the handle’s height and length to suit different users’ heights.  The large wheel absorbs most bumps along your way, and then a quick downward push will flick the snow off the shovel’s wide blade. To store the Wovel you can remove the front wheel and fold it into a compact package.

You can add a chipper blade to break ice, wheels for gravel driveways, and replacement wear strips.

The Wovel sells for about $115.

Wovel [Corporate Site]
Street Pricing [Google]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

7 Responses to Shovel Snow With The Wovel

1. austin says:

what! over $100 !!!
    Sorry, I’d rather buy a used snowblower for that kind of cash.
    I’m all for eco-friendly gas saving ideas but they have to be practical to my budget.
    I’ll pay my kids a few dollars for clearing the driveway – even buying a couple of extra shovels I’d still come out ahead.

2. heywood says:

for 115 bucks, I bet most of the guys who frequent this blog could take an old bike wheel, a metal snow shovel and some old bike handlebars and make something just as nice and still have enough left over for a tank of gas and a few feet of nice wood at the hardwood dealer to start a new project with.

3. Toolhearty says:

I’m unclear as to the “and then a quick downward push will flick the snow off the shovel’s wide blade” part. I see a shovel full of wet, sloppy snow sticking to the blade and the “operator” dumping this thing over to the side repeatedly trying to knock it off. Seems like it would be a lot of work for something that’s supposed be easier than shoveling.

4. Shopmonger says:

I saw this being used and Hocked on “Cool Tools”

and usual Grundy with his over zelous priase for it…. but yeah sticky snow seems like and issue…I will stick to the plow on my tractor thank you

5. Woveler says:

Yes, it actually works. I just gave mine the first workout in VERY wet snow that had a good crust of sleet/freezing rain on top. It even cleared the bottom of the driveway well that was plowed in about 1 foot high.

6. Woveler says:

And by the way, the snow DIDN’T stick to the blade even though it was heavy and wet (yes, I was surprised). I figure if sticking becomes an issue, I’ll just wax it a bit. If you give the flow a flick moving slightly in the general direction you want the snow to go it sails off nicely–you can see a demo of how to use it on wovel.com. I did have to do a bit of light clean-up with a shovel in tighter spots (such as part of my sidewalk by my house), but other than that it worked great.

Also, if you live by an Ollie’s Outlet (in PA and other nearby states) you could look for one there. I got one for $39.99–it’s the older version that doesn’t fold up, but the price was definitely right. It fits in my garage in front of my car.

7. dom says:

BS.

Half the fun of snow removal is watching that big plume shooting out of your self-propelled two-stage – into your neighbor’s yard.