Choose from three different models of the Nifty Clip to keep your pencils, pens, nail sets, or center punches in the right place.  The Hat Clip model attaches to the band of your hat, and the Adhesive Clip model attaches to nearly any hard surface. The Golf Clip version attaches to your hat like the regular Hat Clip but also features a magnet so it can hold a ball marker.

All three models could serve any Toolmonger very well. Either hat clip model will provide a vehicle to transport pens and pencils, but the magnetic model could hold a small fastener in place of the golf ball marker. The adhesive model can attach to a vehicle, hard hat, stationary tool, or tool chest.

Street pricing starts at about $1 for a single clip.

Nifty Clip [Corporate Site]
Street Pricing [Google]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

6 Responses to Tame That Wild Pencil Or Pen

1. Shopmonger says:

Joe, this is how Norm secretly never looks like he lost his pencil….
    just keeps a spare in all flannel shirts……

This would be great to have one at each machine…. never too many pencils

2. Chris says:

I keep my pencil between my hat and my head. I always wear a hat when I work, and I haven’t lost my head…yet. So, my pencil is always at hand. But one of these would be usefull at each machine with a teather on the pencil to prevent it from walking away.

3. Michael W. says:

It’s like an ear, but plastic!

Actually as I’ve gotten older I have to do like Chris and keep my pencil tucked under my hatband. I just have to remember it’s there if I hug someone 😉

4. blore40 says:

Van Gogh would have loved it!

5. Joe says:

@blore40: COTD, no, COTY! Thankfully I didn’t take a drink right before I read your post.

On DIY network, maybe Blogcabin, in one episode the main guy had his pencil attached to his shirt with about 18″ of string–it was history by the end of the show.

I’m also I hatband user.

6. David Bryan says:

I used to keep my pencil in my beard. Sharpies don’t go in there as well, they’re not pointy enough. You’d be amazed how many nails and screws you can carry in there.