Reader Stu’s shop is a bright and cheery place — every tool is in its place, and the sheer cleanliness of the room is staggering. At first we were inclined to say no work goes on here, but the dust collection tubes made us second-guess that.

In any case, there are clearly more than enough tools in this place to stir up some trouble.  Just looking at the bead-blasting cabinet and the paint in the rack makes us a bit curious.

Also, the TV seems to be tuned to the History channel — Stu is obviously a man after my own heart. Uber props, Stu.

Toolmonger Photo Pool [Flickr]

9 Responses to Reader Shops: Stu’s Well-Appointed Shop

1. Mike47 says:

I’d re-think placement of the fire extinguisher if I were Stu. Close to the door is good, but better to have it near floor-level. Floor reminds me of an ice cream parlor. Where’s the waitress with my coke?

2. McAngryPants says:

wow. equally scary and cool

3. Jereme Green says:

That is a awsome workshop its clean and it looks like a place to get things done Good Work

4. russ says:

Those are race fan floor tiles — checkered flag.

5. Justin says:

The color of the walls struck me. Very similar to the yellow of a legal pad. I thought this was interesting since scientific studies have shown that particular color to enhance one’s ability to focus their attention on a particular task. Intentional or accidental, Stu?

6. ChrisW says:

Mike47, I suspect that if there is so much smoke or heat in the room that you can’t get to that extinguisher then you’re probably better off getting out of there fast! At that point the extinguisher probably won’t be enough.

7. Kurt Schwind says:

I don’t think I have a room in my house that tidy. Very nice.

8. Deelow says:

Justin, I’m going out on a limb here but I’m pretty sure that baby poo yellow would be no man’s choice for his garage. When I moved into my house the garage was supposed to be white but the white was stained and was closer to the color of Stu’s. So I re-rocked the walls and went with gun metal gray. My wife hates it, and that’s a good thing.

9. Stu says:

The color yellow was selected as a bright color to reflect light and white is just too hard to keep clean with welders, blacksmith forge, etc. running.
    My shop is not always that clean, just thought it would be nice to clean it up for a photo or two. The fire extinguisher(s) are up high so they don’t get hidden behind anything.