If you want to know what a ghost town looks like, just go to the big boxes today and stroll down an aisle or two.  You won’t encounter another living soul, and you’ll see what was once a cornucopia of sale material reduced to empty shelves and what’s soon to be last year’s tools.  But don’t let this get you down — there’s still some interesting action.

In the lull between the end of the holiday season and next year, you can find some great odds and ends.  For instance, an entire shopping cart of bathroom lighting fixtures was rolled out into the middle of an open area with $20 stickers slapped on them. These same fixtures ran $180 earlier this summer.

Perhaps they’re not the world’s greatest sales, and they won’t be advertised, but they’re there.  Take advantage of the markdowns if you have need.

Lowe’s [Website]

6 Responses to Sales Are Still Happening

1. Randy says:

I was just at lowes and there were plenty of people there. The only aisle that was bare was (like in this misleading photo) the Christmas aisle, cause it’s 5 days after christmas.

2. Zathrus says:

Same here Randy. I went to a HD today and the only people that weren’t around were salespeople. I wound up giving up on finding what I needed after failing to find anyone in the plumbing, tools, or paint sections. No, I wasn’t after advice, but I did want to know where the heck they’d hidden the plastic toilet shims and the plastic razor blades.

3. Dennisb says:

Found a $100 light for $20.

4. KMR says:

I’m curious if other people have noticed that Lowes stores tend to be less busy than Home Depot stores in the same area. This is especially true on weekday mornings, HD always has tons more people in the contractor heavy areas than Lowes does.

5. PutnamEco says:

Re:
    KMR Says:
    ——————-
    Yes, here in NE Florida, Home Depot is usually more crowded, especially on weekends.
    Weekday mornings it would seem both are about equal. HD has a better selection of tools, Lowes has better lumber

6. kdp says:

Re:
    PutnamEco Says:
    HD has a better selection of tools, Lowes has better lumber

——–.

Exact opposite here in NW Houston. Odd.