The iRobot store is selling their Looj gutter-cleaning robot for $70.  Based on the comments we got on this one, it definitely doesn’t work on all gutters;  but if it works on yours, it could turn the chore of gutter-cleaning into a pleasant and easy experience — certainly well worth the price.

Looj Gutter Cleaner [iRobot]
Street Pricing [Google]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

8 Responses to Dealmonger: iRobot Looj Gutter-Cleaning Robot $70

1. blitzcat says:

Every review I read said these were terrible and owners wouldn’t purchase it again. Buyer beware, the price is still high.

2. John Laur says:

Let’s just cut to the chase and get this out there:

This thing is a piece of shit.

Don’t waste your money on it at any price.

Don’t waste your time on it if you get it for free.

If someone gives you one, return it and get something that doesn’t suck.

3. Chuck Cage says:

@John Laur: Bravo! (And no, I’m not being sarcastic.) This is why I love TM readers — they’re a no-bullshit bunch that are happy to call out something they’ve had a bad experience with. Thanks for the tip!

4. Brau says:

Or … for the $70 you can easily buy some high quality gutter covers and never have to clean your gutters at all.

5. Zathrus says:

Brau, I don’t know where you think you can get “high quality” gutter covers for $70…

I could certainly buy some crappy ones for $70, which will mostly work fine for leaves, but if you have pine needles then they’re not worth a damn and you’re better off cleaning them a few times a year.

6. Coach James says:

Our gutters also get hickory nuts in them plus have lots of angles. Seems just as easy to just clean them by hand.

7. John Nielson says:

I find demo videos like this very insulting to my intelligence. You’ll need a very powerful vacuum to get all the wet leaves and twigs out of my gutters. Still the best way is a $3-4 plastic gutter scoop and some manual labor.

8. SassyLassy says:

Mr. Nielson, I just read your comments about a website which you refered to. Interestingly enough, I went to that web site, thank you for putting in with your comments!!!! I purchased this “insult to your intelligence” which is the Gutter Clutter Buster Kit which reaches my second story gutters very niclely while I keep my feet safely on the ground. And, I don’t need a ladder or a #$3-4 plastic gutter scoop” or ANY “MANUAL LABOR” to get my second story gutters cleaned with a 5 hp Ridgid wet/dry vac.
    So, I personally do QUESTION your “intelligence” for even suggesting that a “scoop” or any other hand tool that also requires a ladder, bucket, and a lot of “EXTRA CLEAN-UP” after you have cleaned out your gutters.
    Using this new Gutter Clutter Buster tool along with my five year old wet/dry vac, I am more than satisfied with the excellent job it does and the safety it provides all of its users.
    Guess some folks just can’t stand to see others do well with their inventions and the fact that they had them made here in the USA and not in China!
    John, just “suck it up” and continue to use your “intelligence” to climb a ladder with your gloves on, (on a very hot day) wearing your goggles, dragging a bucket or throwing all the debris on the ground to be cleaned up later? That sure doesn’t sound too smart to me!!! And, Sassy says so!